Help With Video Recording!
Sami
Apr 18 2009, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey GMC! So recently i have figured out how to record movies of my guitar playing while having my guitar plugged straight through my computer(Via My gt-8) The only problem is that i cant figure out how to record the video with the backing track being played at the same time! My current set up is, my guitar, my gt-8 and my macbook pro!
If you guys need more information please ask! Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 18 2009, 11:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What you want to do is have two software going on at the same time.One for the video capture and other is recording software like Cubase, Reaper etc. You should import the backing track of the lesson into the audio recording software. Press the recording button the the video capture software and then press it on the audio recording software which will play the backing for you and capture your playing. Once you finish playing save both files - VIDEO and AUDIO ones.
Now you need to use the video editing software like Sony Vegas, Windows Movie maker or something similar on Mac to synchronize both tracks - Video and Audio ones you have recorded.

Hope this helps , ask if you have any addition questions!

Cheers

Bogdan

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2009, 01:34 AM
Instructor
If you want to make a good audio (not via microphone but rather play directly into computer), you will have to ask instructor to give you backing track so you can play it from your computer. Bogdan explained the whole process nicely:

- Open audio software, import backing on one track an create another audio track (for your guitar)
- Open video capturing software
- Hit record on both simultaneously
- After recording, render the audio from audio software and import it into video software
- Sync the video and audio tracks together
- Render the whole thing
- Upload smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sami
Apr 19 2009, 07:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks so much guys ill try it soon and show the results!

--------------------
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

+Quote Post
Matt23
Apr 19 2009, 09:34 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
It is best if you have the backing track, but if you don't then put a mic next to your speakers to record the backing track.

+Quote Post
Sami
Apr 21 2009, 02:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
i tried it and it seemed to work! Thanks guys

By the way i kinda hate this improv :/ haha but its so i could test it out

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 21 2009, 04:18 AM
Instructor
That looks great man!
I've been trying to do the sam thing too.
We both have the same setup, GT8 and Macbook Pro.
Good job!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 21 2009, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Very good Sami, everything is nicely synced, and looks very nice. Little tip - always put an audio a little delayed from the video (video comes first in the timeline). Not too much, 2-3 frames, so that video lagging is suppressed.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 21 2009, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Awesome suggestion Ivan, I haven't thought of that!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:51 PM