Solo Idea For New Song I've Been Working On
enlo22
Nov 18 2013, 04:16 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
This is the solo idea i came up with for the song i've been working on lately and asking you guys advice for lol. as always advice is welcome! so i'll keep on working on the song and that's my update for my last post smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZBGQqCbHY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2013, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. I think that the solo is on the right track. The parts are cool by themselves an the next thing to o is to make the transition between parts smoother. This can be done with some connection licks but will also improved with more backing track work: drum fills, bass / rhythm guitar arrangements, etc. That's the first thing that come to mind when I first hear the solo. I would also like to hear the whole track together to see how it fits in the whole song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 18 2013, 08:05 PM
Instructor
I know we have the mixing thread but there are very important things we should handle before we take care of any eq, compressors etc...and they affect overall feeling as well as mixing job. In this case Your tuning needs more attention. Always make sure to stretch strings well enough beofre recording. Also it's worth trying to tune Your guitar to exactly the same playing strength You will use while recording. Try to recheck You tuning on frets. Guitars are not "0" cents everywhere instruments. When You leave too much tolerance some of the frets will stay way out of tune.

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 19 2013, 07:03 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 18 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Hi mate. I think that the solo is on the right track. The parts are cool by themselves an the next thing to o is to make the transition between parts smoother. This can be done with some connection licks but will also improved with more backing track work: drum fills, bass / rhythm guitar arrangements, etc. That's the first thing that come to mind when I first hear the solo. I would also like to hear the whole track together to see how it fits in the whole song.

thanks Gabriel, i will deff try and tweak the drums a bit more! and pay attention to the connecting parts. I will have the whole song uploaded soon and hopefully you enjoy it smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 18 2013, 07:05 PM) *
I know we have the mixing thread but there are very important things we should handle before we take care of any eq, compressors etc...and they affect overall feeling as well as mixing job. In this case Your tuning needs more attention. Always make sure to stretch strings well enough beofre recording. Also it's worth trying to tune Your guitar to exactly the same playing strength You will use while recording. Try to recheck You tuning on frets. Guitars are not "0" cents everywhere instruments. When You leave too much tolerance some of the frets will stay way out of tune.

for sure Darius I agree, these are oldd strings I was waiting to finish the whole track to change them tongue.gif poor people problems!

--------------------

+Quote Post
StaceyD
Nov 19 2013, 03:44 PM
GMC:er
you shred dude!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 19 2013, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 19 2013, 07:03 AM) *
thanks Gabriel, i will deff try and tweak the drums a bit more! and pay attention to the connecting parts. I will have the whole song uploaded soon and hopefully you enjoy it smile.gif

for sure Darius I agree, these are oldd strings I was waiting to finish the whole track to change them tongue.gif poor people problems!

Got it! smile.gif Waiting for the final version then smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 19 2013, 06:11 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (StaceyD @ Nov 19 2013, 02:44 PM) *
you shred dude!

Thank you Stacey smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 19 2013, 03:08 PM) *
Got it! smile.gif Waiting for the final version then smile.gif

for sure! i'll keep you updated as usual lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2013, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Hey Marco wink.gif You have a lot of nice ideas here, but as Gabe said, you should tie them together more tightly. Think about nice water spots in the desert which need to be connected - the water must flow smile.gif So, invent passing licks which connect the big phrases. I don't know if we spoke about this, but Richie Kotzen was saying that he sees faster licks as a means to get somewhere - in our case tying up the big phrases together smile.gif

Let's see a broader context with the new strings on!

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 25 2013, 08:11 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://soundcloud.com/enlo22/unsettled-progress

this is what i have so far, still stuck in the compostion part on what to do after the solo!

This post has been edited by enlo22: Nov 27 2013, 01:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2013, 12:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 25 2013, 07:11 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/enlo22/unsettled-newer-version

this is what i have so far, still stuck in the compostion part on what to do after the solo!

Hey mate smile.gif Very nice!!

I would develop the beginning - up until 0:43, as it becomes a bit repetitive - I understood the idea of building a theme, which is very good, but the turnarounds at the end of each repetitive phrase could be a bit more diversified and flowing smile.gif Let me know if you caught the drift wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:42 AM