2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Namm 2015
Mertay
Jan 23 2015, 07:56 AM
GMC:er
Started interesting biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 23 2015, 10:43 PM

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2015, 07:24 AM
Cool! Not to mention about half the price of some of the other "mini" high gain heads smile.gif

Also saw this from BOSS. Digital programmable pedal controller. For guys that run pedals, this makes it about as flexible as you can make it without trading in your pedals for an axe fx smile.gif You can program any sort of layout you like. You can change the order of pedals, turn them on and off inside of a patch set etc.

Designed by the guitar tech for STEVE VAI smile.gif If you are a pedal guy, this sure spiff!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 24 2015, 07:25 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 24 2015, 12:25 PM
Really liked Shecters take on the Gibson SG body shape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 24 2015, 02:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't know about you but I'm finding this ingenious? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2015, 05:42 PM
Now THAT is amazing! Brings "AIR DRUMS" to a new level smile.gif I'd like to try that out. Looks fun!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 24 2015, 09:09 AM) *
I don't know about you but I'm finding this ingenious? smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 24 2015, 06:06 PM
This is what NAMM is for me (mostly - I look at gear too wink.gif )

I'm taking the picture. Those are some old buddies.
It's probably about 12:30 (yesterday) in the afternoon in that pic. We got there at a 11:00 and we're still just in the lobby.

Attached Image

I'm going back on Sunday (by myself) to seriously check out gear.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2015, 07:48 PM
I'm stoked to try out the MINI 5150 (whatever number it is now) as it's only $500 street and probably about half that once they start showing up used on ebay. Being able to get "that" tone for a reasonable price is attractive smile.gif I"m not an "amp guy" or even a "tube guy", but I'd put money down to have one of these. How about you guys?

http://peavey.com/news/index.cfm/id/811/su...aq/support/faq/

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 24 2015, 09:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 24 2015, 10:50 PM
cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 25 2015, 02:28 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 24 2015, 05:06 PM) *
This is what NAMM is for me (mostly - I look at gear too wink.gif )

Me too. But you know what, it looks like we share some buddies. I know Nick Manson too. I think I met up with him about an hour after this picture was taken and spent some time catching up with him smile.gif.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 25 2015, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 24 2015, 05:28 PM) *
Me too. But you know what, it looks like we share some buddies. I know Nick Manson too. I think I met up with him about an hour after this picture was taken and spent some time catching up with him smile.gif.

Cool! PM'd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2015, 02:13 AM
OLA has become a fixture at NAMM it seems wink.gif Here he is with his Sweden graphic signature guitar and playing some spiff randall amps. I'd LOVE the 667 but i'd have to sell a kidney to get it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 31 2015, 10:57 AM
Judging from all the videos I watched, this year didn't seem very flashy (marketing boosted products) to me but companies offered very useful/clever designed products.

Seems it will be a good year smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 3 2015, 06:45 AM
I went there with money in my pocket but after two days of 'trying' to find something to spend it on ... I ended up with a capo and a guitar strap. Both heavily discounted. I ran into many friends that said the same thing. I did see some potentially cool stuff but isn't available yet and wasn't even demo ready - ? NAMM = not available, maybe march.

I hate to say it but in this age of the internet ... there are no surprises when it comes to retail product releases.
Hell, if Apple can't keep shit quiet there's no way a music company will.
NAMM is fun if you don't have to pay for it and you have a bunch of friends to hang out with. As far as seeing new gear - via sites like GMC or the Gear Page, you hear about it months before the NAMM show.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 3 2015, 04:04 PM
Experienced Rock Star
On the other hand, the biggest news at NAMM was kept secret until the show began smile.gif.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 3 2015, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 3 2015, 07:04 AM) *
On the other hand, the biggest news at NAMM was kept secret until the show began smile.gif.

Attached Image

Yes, software is still actually doing 'new' things. Congrats on that!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 5 2015, 12:52 AM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 3 2015, 05:45 AM) *
I went there with money in my pocket but after two days of 'trying' to find something to spend it on ... I ended up with a capo and a guitar strap. Both heavily discounted.

I didn't know one could buy stuff at namm? but probably not all companies are doing this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2015, 02:03 AM
Very true! We always try to share the latest and greatest gear here on the pages of GMC smile.gif We have a great mix of folks that pool a wide variety of sources which is pretty darn cool smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 3 2015, 01:45 AM) *
I went there with money in my pocket but after two days of 'trying' to find something to spend it on ... I ended up with a capo and a guitar strap. Both heavily discounted. I ran into many friends that said the same thing. I did see some potentially cool stuff but isn't available yet and wasn't even demo ready - ? NAMM = not available, maybe march.

I hate to say it but in this age of the internet ... there are no surprises when it comes to retail product releases.
Hell, if Apple can't keep shit quiet there's no way a music company will.
NAMM is fun if you don't have to pay for it and you have a bunch of friends to hang out with. As far as seeing new gear - via sites like GMC or the Gear Page, you hear about it months before the NAMM show.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 5 2015, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 4 2015, 03:52 PM) *
I didn't know one could buy stuff at namm? but probably not all companies are doing this?

Generally only the small and boutique companies sell at namm. The big guys do too but it's back door stuff and only to a selected clientele. In other words, I can't buy a strat or a les paul at the show ... but Carlos Santana can.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:06 PM