> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Vulpine's Thread, for Gab's Army
Vulpine
Oct 31 2012, 05:21 PM
GMC:er
Alright I'm on class 5 now in the Intense course been working on that modal madness isolating 1 or 2 patterns at a time also started working on that alternate lesson which is wow useful n last night I wrapped things up for the night with posting a solo for the Modern metal collab you've got going looking forward to see how that works out (my first collab)

WHEW!!! what a evening that was yestuday ok im bout to head for work in a lil bit but soon as I get home ill continue with these lessons

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Oct 31 2012, 01:21 PM) *
Alright I'm on class 5 now in the Intense course been working on that modal madness isolating 1 or 2 patterns at a time also started working on that alternate lesson which is wow useful n last night I wrapped things up for the night with posting a solo for the Modern metal collab you've got going looking forward to see how that works out (my first collab)

WHEW!!! what a evening that was yestuday ok im bout to head for work in a lil bit but soon as I get home ill continue with these lessons

Amazing! It's great to see you working hard mate! The results will be very impressive! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 4 2012, 08:02 AM
Hey Gabrielle,
was practicing n lately I've started to notice whenever I bend my right hand down I would see a small knot on the back of my wrist, not sure if its from the hours of practicing each day over the past week or maybe work related but I think I may have to cut up my practice routine like taking more breaks inbetween n doing stretch exercises before playing (which is something i should have done more often)

not sure if this wrist thing is gangolion cyst related but hopefully it will go away if im not straining my wrist as much or may have it checked out

anyway im on class 8 n about halfway in "Alternate picking Thirds" video am glad you showed me that lesson its fun to work on and it sounds pretty cool reminds me of something I would hear Paul Gilbert play ever now n then which reminds me to mention that I've still been working on the Modal Madness is coming along abit ,its starting to feel more comfortable and I feel im starting to play it with better accuracy n more smoothe although swapping my 10 gauge strings for 9 gauge strings would help abit aswell biggrin.gif

Signing out for the Night smile.gif (tho it'll prolly be morning by the time u read this)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2012, 05:24 PM
Instructor
Hi Vulpine, it's great to see you working hard. Regarding that knot, it would be great if you can go to the doctor to check it. It-s very important to take care of our hands and muscles because we depend on them to play guitar... if you feel any kind of hurt, you must stop practicing. Do you do some warming up and stretches before starting a practice session?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 5 2012, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2012, 04:24 PM) *
Regarding that knot, it would be great if you can go to the doctor to check it. It-s very important to take care of our hands and muscles because we depend on them to play guitar... if you feel any kind of hurt, you must stop practicing. Do you do some warming up and stretches before starting a practice session?

I've learned some stretch n warm up exercises , but some days i tend to just get right on the guitar with out warming up, what im currently tryng to train myself to do is to warm up n stretch before I practice every day or whenever I pick up the guitar n thanks for the advice my right hand doesnt hurt or anything but I will have it checked out

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2012, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 5 2012, 02:13 PM) *
I've learned some stretch n warm up exercises , but some days i tend to just get right on the guitar with out warming up, what im currently tryng to train myself to do is to warm up n stretch before I practice every day or whenever I pick up the guitar n thanks for the advice my right hand doesnt hurt or anything but I will have it checked out

Ok, check out John Petrucci's Stretches... these are really helpful.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 9 2012, 06:47 AM
wow this vid is very helpful , I've been doing it since i watched it will try to do this as a routine ,

finished class 8 & 9 (Great lessons)

Sweep picking am getting better at it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 9 2012, 02:47 AM) *
wow this vid is very helpful , I've been doing it since i watched it will try to do this as a routine ,

finished class 8 & 9 (Great lessons)

Sweep picking am getting better at it.

Excellent! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 15 2012, 05:18 AM
Class 10 & 11 completed

also am 10-12 sections done with "Alternate Thirds"

= ) also am going to do a Rec take of both your buckethead Lessons have learned alot

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2012, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Great mate! I just commented and graded your REC take. It is ok, but it has some timing issues. Do you notice the problem?
The best way to fix it, is practicing the lesson over the orignal one to be sure that you are playing it at the same tempo.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 15 2012, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 15 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Great mate! I just commented and graded your REC take. It is ok, but it has some timing issues. Do you notice the problem?

I didnt notice at first but after a few listens yea during the Power chords i noticed my timing was off and I also noticed that I slurred a note man do I really need to work on timing and Clean playing

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Nov 15 2012, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2012, 10:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 15 2012, 03:22 PM) *
I didnt notice at first but after a few listens yea during the Power chords i noticed my timing was off and I also noticed that I slurred a note man do I really need to work on timing and Clean playing

Ok! that's the first step! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 16 2012, 04:58 AM
hey do you have any advice or tips for playing clean with distortion

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2012, 11:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 16 2012, 12:58 AM) *
hey do you have any advice or tips for playing clean with distortion

what do you exactly mean? avoiding unwanted noises?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 18 2012, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 17 2012, 10:12 PM) *
what do you exactly mean? avoiding unwanted noises?

yea

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2012, 05:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 18 2012, 12:07 AM) *
yea

ah ok. well... my trick is simple... I use the palm of my right hand to mute the lower strings, and sometimes my right hand little finger to mute the higher strings if it's necessary. However it's difficult to be precise with the palm the picking hand, so the trick is to mute the closer strings with my left hand index finger.... I mute the lower adjacent (closer) string with the tip of this finger and also the higher strings with the rest of the finger used as a bar... let me know if it's clear!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 18 2012, 07:45 PM
thanks yes im aware of the finger of the left hand muting the adjacent lower string and the higher strings with the rest of the finger like a barr I i need to work on this a bit I think and also ur technique with your right hand I might need to try muting the higher strings with my little finger

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2012, 09:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 18 2012, 03:45 PM) *
thanks yes im aware of the finger of the left hand muting the adjacent lower string and the higher strings with the rest of the finger like a barr I i need to work on this a bit I think and also ur technique with your right hand I might need to try muting the higher strings with my little finger

ok, please let me know how it evolves and feel free to post videos here to let me analyse your playing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 24 2012, 04:08 AM
I've actually been working on this song but cant really figure out where to go from where I left off, My song writing although I can generate Ideas I tend to lack how to to construct a song like what does one need to make there ideas become an actual song (n actually any tips on song writing would most likely help me go a long way)

heres the demo of the song I've been working on

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Nov 24 2012, 04:21 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song_Idea__Triad_.wav ( 46.89MB ) Number of downloads: 111

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 24 2012, 12:08 AM) *
I've actually been working on this song but cant really figure out where to go from where I left off, My song writing although I can generate Ideas I tend to lack how to to construct a song like what does one need to make there ideas become an actual song (n actually any tips on song writing would most likely help me go a long way)

heres the demo of the song I've been working on

Hi mate, this idea sound very nice. I love it! The secret here is to analyse song structures, starting with something simple. Maybe analysing some Satrini's rock songs.. define parts (intro, verse, chorus, verse 2, chorus 2, solo) and try to build your songs using that type of structures. This will clarify what is lacking in your compositions and how to order the parts. On the other hand, Buckethead uses to create song that seems to be a leit motiv followed by a long jam.. you could try to analyse his structure concepts but it will be more difficult to follow in your own songs because it seems to be free. Once you have the structures analysed, check out how the connect the chord progressions, and finally the rhythms. Song analysis and practice are the keys to improve your compositions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 AM