Yur Whammy Bar Diving Natural Harmonic, mate its awesome
slash85
Dec 5 2007, 05:07 AM
GMC:er
hey pavel,

i just copped a look at yur whammy bar vid and mate its F'n awesome i was wondering do u produce the harmonic?.......is it by laying yur finger over the desired actual fret but only a very light and gentle touch and then u strike the strings and do a whammy dive?

cheers mate

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 5 2007, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hehehe thanks!

Yep, you see it the right way! 10th fret, D and G strings, just like a regular natural harmonic -> slight touch and pick with right hand and a milisecond later dive with the bar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
slash85
Dec 5 2007, 01:56 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 5 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Hehehe thanks!

Yep, you see it the right way! 10th fret, D and G strings, just like a regular natural harmonic -> slight touch and pick with right hand and a milisecond later dive with the bar.

awesome cheers pavel...now i just gotta get meself an axe with a whammy bar blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 5 2007, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hahaha that's why i always recommend buying guitar with whammy bar. If not - you are missing a whole bunch of cool stuff a guitar can make.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
slash85
Dec 5 2007, 11:11 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 5 2007, 11:00 PM) *
Hahaha that's why i always recommend buying guitar with whammy bar. If not - you are missing a whole bunch of cool stuff a guitar can make.

yep ill second that call.........but i just cant resist the look of a les paul rolleyes.gif .....however havin an axe with a whammy aswell is handy tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 5 2007, 11:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have a related question: I have seen guitarists do natural harmonics by just hittng the string with their fretting hand while pushing down the bar. Where and how do I have to hit the string to do a natural harmonic without plucking the string? Can you do a lesson of it in case it's too complicated to explain?

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 6 2007, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Kris has a lesson on that, Matthias Ekhlund owns that technique - i think the lesson is called "Whammy Harmonics", not sure though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:57 AM