> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Daeron's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2015, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Great! It's always more important to work on something that you really like, so if you feel very motivated to work on the SRV lesson, go for it, that extra energy generated by your motivation will really help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 13 2015, 07:16 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab !

This afternoon, I made some experiments with recording my amp. And I practiced the lesson I'm currently working.

I made the arpeggios and then the first part of the solo at 70bpm :

https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/buckethead-70bpm-arpeges-debutsolo

My second bend isn't reaching the pitch, I know ! biggrin.gif

But I wanted to show you that I work hard on this lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2015, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron, thanks for the update. This is very promising, keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 16 2015, 07:07 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you, Gabriel. At the moment, I have difficulties with placing the next phrases at the right time. With the guitar pro part, no problem but with the backing track only, it's harder. But I'll do it ! I like this lesson very much.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2015, 02:12 PM
Instructor
I'm glad you like it and find it inspiring. Keep the good job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Aug 16 2015, 11:00 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel

I continue working on Bear Rose's bending lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-21-String-Bending/) and here is what I'm able to do now on this one :

https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/beginners-corner-bends-take-2

Could you please tell me what I should enhance to do it better. I think that it is better than my first take, isn't it ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2015, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! Your bending lesson is improving. I notice that your bend are on pitch or really close most of the times. The next goal is to adjust all those bends that are really close but not totally precise. How?

There are two things that I recommend doing.

- The first one is practicing along with the lesson to compare and try to match the pitches.
- Add 10 minutes of your diary practice to work on this exercise: https://youtu.be/Hh_pYY6UYIw

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Aug 16 2015, 11:11 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 16 2015, 07:18 PM) *
Hi Daeron! Your bending lesson is improving. I notice that your bend are on pitch or really close most of the times. The next goal is to adjust all those bends that are really close but not totally precise. How?

There are two things that I recommend doing.

- The first one is practicing along with the lesson to compare and try to match the pitches.
- Add 10 minutes of your diary practice to work on this exercise: https://youtu.be/Hh_pYY6UYIw

Thank you for your tips, Gab ! I'll continue to work on my bending technique as you advice me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2015, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daeron @ Aug 16 2015, 07:11 PM) *
Thank you for your tips, Gab ! I'll continue to work on my bending technique as you advice me. smile.gif

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 8 2015, 05:28 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel

I wanted to thank you for the feedback on my last REC and for your advices. I wish I add shared a video of my practice before, in order to have not wasted so much time training the hammer-on technique badly.

Well, I corrected my hand position on the neck and I practice hammer-ons chromatisms in order to take the good habit.

I'll share a video of my practice in few days, so you'll tell me if I'm right this time !

Thanks again !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! Great to know that the feedback helped! I'll wait for your new video.

Keep on the hard work.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 14 2015, 08:26 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel !

I share a video of one exercise I practice to improve my hammer-on and pull-off technique. I tried to follow your advices with the hand position. Let me know if I'm working the right way, please :

This post has been edited by Daeron: Sep 14 2015, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2015, 12:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron, this looks and sounds good! While practicing is good to exaggerate a bit both hammering and pull off to gain more strength with your fingers. The current strength is ok for soloing, but there are some hammer on sound softer than others. Try to adjust this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 14 2015, 07:01 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you, Gab ! I'll continue practising this exercise until I feel easy. I tend to exagerate as you say, yes ! smile.gif

I'll post a new take of the lesson I failed in this thread, when I'll feel that I made some progress. The timing is quite difficult for me in this one because some parts start on the afterbeat.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2015, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Ok! I'll wait for it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Dec 31 2015, 03:58 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel

It's been a while since I didn't post here. I had to put GMC in brackets because I had to learn much full songs for my group.
But I think that I'll start again the work here to continue my progress.

I have made a new take on the Bending lesson by Bear Rose (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-21-String-Bending/). Here it is :

https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/beg...rnerbends_take3

I didn't practise this lesson for a long time and just wanted to know if I made some progress and maybe if I'm ready for a new take on the REC section.

These days I worked on the lesson "Buckethead II" and I'm able to speed up compared to a few months ago but I'm still not able to play it at 100% speed.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2015, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! This lesson is not sounding bad. You just need to keep on practicing to make the bends sound even more precise and natural. I feel that the speed of your bends is not natural, pay some attention to this while listening to the original lesson and imitate the articulation of the bends. (how fast the instructor reaches the note)

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Dec 31 2015, 05:09 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you, Gabriel. I'll listen the lesson with more attention and try to imitate more accurately the speed of the bends.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 31 2015, 05:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi David !!!

you'are back ! fine !

i was afraid to do not meet you here anymore !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Daeron
Dec 31 2015, 05:55 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Laurent !

I knew that I'll be back here because this is the best place to have comments from good musicians in order to become a better guitarist. But my priority is to be able to play with my group and that's much work. For the moment, I try to see if I have improved my skill since this summer...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 AM