Tempo Workout Question
Fingerspasm
Sep 11 2010, 02:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Daniel,

I have a question about the tempo workout. First I want to say that I think its a great lesson. I have been in a rut sounding like all my playing is just a scale workout. So this is very helpful.

My question has to do with the beat on this workout. I was recently taught by a local instructor to break songs down using the method where you tap your foot and keep your pick hand moving to the tempo and saying 1, 2, 3, 4. Or 1 & 2 & 3 & 4. Or 1 eh and ah 2 eh and ah 3 eh..... That way you can figure out if you should hit a note on the upstroke or the downstroke while keeping the pick hand moving in time. Its a very frustrating thing to practice but it has helped me so much.

I have been trying to do this with you tempo workout and it seems to be a little more difficult. Maybe its a little more advanced in that area than I have covered at this point. So I was wondering if you might have some advice on how to apply this method properly to your tempo workout. Maybe this method is not the best way for me to work on this type of lesson.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fingerspasm: Sep 13 2010, 02:12 AM

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Fingerspasm   Tempo Workout Question   Sep 11 2010, 02:40 PM
- - Daniel Realpe   QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Sep 11 2010, 03:40 P...   Jan 9 2011, 02:29 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:38 AM