4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Avenged Sevenfold, A7X
PacmanProduction...
Oct 24 2007, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 24 2007, 03:55 AM) *
Berzerker FTW!

Those drums are just fast. I thought it was triggered at first but when I saw some videos of them live, I have to give to to him. He has some fast gravity blast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_gqVVQ-q8Zs Love this video \m/

most riduculous excuse for music i have ever seen... or tried to hear...

but please, could someone repeat the 1st verse for me, i was bothered by something else... thanks!

dry.gif tongue.gif huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 24 2007, 10:12 AM
It takes a while to get used to death metal/grind lyrics. Especially when your listening to this kind of death metal/grind. I sometimes still use lyrics but it becomes understandable in a few listens.

No One Knows:

There'll be a time
Where I can take what they've taught and make it work

THIS would be a better place if you could free you mind of thought
THOUGH to be in this place life, has abandoned you
WORLD that we now live in has changed so rapidly
THERE'S no need for equality equality

All the dreams, ideals you fought for, waiting now for someone else
It's not real, that you're feeling parts of life's exterior
I can see you body rot, gaze upon your cornea
No one wins we end together, values, visions dead forever

HATE to be nothing why do you abandon me
WORDS without actions lies they mean nothing
CAN'T you all see the light that waves in front of you
THIS could be a mirror of the only ever way that WE'VE KNOWN

I can take what they've taught and make it work

THIS would be a better place if you could free you mind of thought
THOUGH to be in this place life, has abandoned you
WORLD that we now live in has changed so rapidly
THERE'S no need for equality equality

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 24 2007, 10:14 AM
huh.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

kudos to vince.... well it must be from a website but still... im listening to it again with the lyrics and i kinda understand.... biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 24 2007, 10:22 AM
yep, its from a website. I dont know the lyrics by heart but once you read it more than once words will just pop into your head.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Oct 24 2007, 10:22 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 24 2007, 11:15 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
After a few years you become conditioned and you can understand them pretty well.

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 24 2007, 11:21 AM
so i should listen to a recording of a person growling the dollar menu at mcdonalds and know whats good and whats not?? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by PacmanProductions: Oct 30 2007, 11:48 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 24 2007, 02:03 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhlUVyDBusg

Oh you said it, I just cant help it

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2007, 09:13 PM
Instructor
I can say that they sound very strange to me. They combine very punk/metal/hardcore music with a very pop/soft voice. I still don't know if I like it. blink.gif In the studio the guitar player and the drummer seams to be good, I haven't seen live videos.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Davidian
Oct 26 2007, 01:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Saw Avenged Sevenfold live at Graspop. They didn't impress me that much but it was cool to hear them covering 'walk' of Pantera. I can listen to this band for 1 or 2 songs but then I had it. The voice of their singer becomes so irritating after some time...
I can agree that some of you like them but their not my cup of tea smile.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 26 2007, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Davidian @ Oct 25 2007, 06:18 PM) *
The voice of their singer becomes so irritating after some time...

+1 Can't stand his voice really...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Jan 6 2008, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 24 2007, 06:22 PM) *
They have absolutely no talent. their solos sound toneless and compressed, and the singer is truly an idiot.

How can you possibly say that solos in songs like Bat Country, Sidewinder and The Wicked end are toneless?

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jan 6 2008, 02:21 AM
In my opinion this "band" is as bad as nu metal or rap. may i recommend some real metal like metallica or megadeth?

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 6 2008, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jan 5 2008, 05:21 PM) *
In my opinion this "band" is as bad as nu metal or rap. may i recommend some real metal like metallica or megadeth?

I was honestly going to type the same thing.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Jan 6 2008, 02:26 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jan 6 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Dont get me wrong, I love Metallica and Megadeth and am going to see Maiden on the 9th of February, i just disagree with Synyster Gates's Solos lacking Tone

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 6 2008, 02:32 AM
QUOTE (Shred Kid @ Jan 5 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Dont get me wrong, I love Metallica and Megadeth and am going to see Maiden on the 9th of February, i just disagree with Synyster Gates's Solos lacking Tone

He has tone I guess its just his solos are just not catchy or all that cool.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Hazeldine
Jan 7 2008, 11:47 PM
Attached ImageA7x are some of the most amazing, talent people in the music business today!

they are my favourite band ever simply because of how their music makes me feel,
Sevenfold always manage to get everyone in the room feeling good, despite anythin that may be happening in your life at the time, which is what music should do,

if you want an example, listen to " A Little Piece of Heaven " and then watch the making of it on you tube, and i guarentee that you will see what i mean, its just exactly what music should be!

And yes there is a wee problem with the solo's and playing them live, but that only because of how they end up getting written, to play it properly you need like 4 guitarist and a conductor! ( watch " Avenged Sevenfold Critical Webclip 1 " on you tube and you will understand )

Now no 1 band is going to be perfect for EVERYONE ( well, except queen of course tongue.gif ) but different music means different things to different people, Andfor me this band is everythin that a band should be, amazing people, they put on a good show, and you always feel good when you listen to them, no matter how bad a day you have had, and anybody that disagrees with that shouldnt be playing music, becuase you have obviously forgot what music is all about...

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 12:37 AM
They are a controversial band. Some people like them, and some don't. I personally like the guitarist's sound, and the band is one of my favorites. That doesn't mean that I like all their songs though. The band has changed very much.
Originally, they only made punk/metal music that was only screaming and some power chords etc. Then later, transitioning a little bit; they started making a bit more melodic music when Waking the Fallen came out, with some catchy solos and more singing integrated into the screaming.
Finally changing completely, City of Evil was completely singing, more of a thrash metal album.
That's why some people don't like Avenged Sevenfold. Most people have only heard the main 'hits'; Bat Country and Beast and the Harlot [which, if you ask me, happen to be a couple of the worst, and are only popular due to the overenthusiastic 12 year old girls that watch MTV all day and obsess over My Chemical Romance]. The point is, there will probably be at least a song, if not an album that will satisfy anybodies tastes.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hazeldine
Jan 9 2008, 07:05 PM
well said...

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 9 2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 9 2008, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 24 2007, 02:03 AM) *
Psssh, dont care how they look, there nothing comapred to say....GWAR or The Berzerker laugh.gif

GWAR biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D! i would neve see them live.. i fear... the cannon.....

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:56 AM