2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Johan Larsson, D.N.A.F.T solo lesson
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 3 2007, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Hi guys!

I was browsing through the lessons here last night, and I found the awesome D.N.A.F.T solo by Johan Larsson. A simply amazing solo!! smile.gif And I think Johan's playing is just fantastic! Great tone, feel, phrasing, vibrato, etc... just perfect!! biggrin.gif

Kris,
why doesn't he make more lessons?!

Anyways, here's my attempt to play his great solo (it's not note by note the same, and not as good as Johan plays it though) smile.gif

Attached File  D.N.A.F.T_lesson.mp3 ( 769.01K ) Number of downloads: 505

-Marcus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 3 2007, 07:09 PM
GMC Founder
WOW! blink.gif

That was so close, in fact it was almost too close - are you musical twins?! laugh.gif

You are right this is a fantastic solo. I haven't met Johan, but I think the guest lesson was something he did as a one time occasion. (At the time we only had 4-5 lessons on the site!)

I would love to see more of him - also more of his lessons have been requested a bunch of times, so I will notify him of this post via the boad feature! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 3 2007, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot, Kris! smile.gif

That's awesome! Now let's just hope he want's to make more lessons! biggrin.gif ... tell him he MUST do it! laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 3 2007, 07:30 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (lavendell @ Nov 3 2007, 07:23 PM) *
That's awesome! Now let's just hope he want's to make more lessons! biggrin.gif ... tell him he MUST do it! laugh.gif

Yes that will do the trick! laugh.gif I could even threaten him - and let him know that if he doesn't do more lessons I will mix my own playing to his vids. He will probably come running. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 3 2007, 07:32 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 3 2007, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Great job Marcus, I really liked that lesson too and I would love to see more of Johan!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 3 2007, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
I have also wished that Johan made some more lessons here and I remember asking Kris to see if he was available. Maybe he'll show up again. I remember when this lesson was posted a long time ago and I thought it was awesome and learned it back then and I still play it from time to time. It's funny you should record this Marcus because I was just thinking that you and Johan both have a similar style with strong vibrato and great tone!

Johan really nails this and makes it look so easy. It's definitely one of my favorites here and your recording is great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
axelsson
Nov 3 2007, 10:26 PM
Hey, great job! You nailed it! I also noticed this solo some time ago, kinda hidden in the depths of all of the lessons that actually exists, this one emerged tongue.gif And i liked it very much as well

This post has been edited by axelsson: Nov 4 2007, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 5 2007, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Nov 3 2007, 09:25 AM) *
Hi guys!

I was browsing through the lessons here last night, and I found the awesome D.N.A.F.T solo by Johan Larsson. A simply amazing solo!! smile.gif And I think Johan's playing is just fantastic! Great tone, feel, phrasing, vibrato, etc... just perfect!! biggrin.gif

Kris,
why doesn't he make more lessons?!

Anyways, here's my attempt to play his great solo (it's not note by note the same, and not as good as Johan plays it though) smile.gif

Attached File  D.N.A.F.T_lesson.mp3 ( 769.01K ) Number of downloads: 505

-Marcus

Well for starters your bending was out of pitch. .....

Your Vibrato is Terrible.......

And you have no musical talent what so ever ....

You seriously need to practice more. I cant believe people try to learn from all your mistakes dry.gif wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Nice Cover Marcus ! Always love to hear you play biggrin.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 5 2007, 02:03 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the feedback, John! I promise I will work on those things! wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Nov 5 2007, 03:36 AM
I completely missed this lesson. Thanks Marcus for pointing it out. You're version was very well done.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 3 2007, 03:09 AM
Heres his site..

http://www.larssonmusic.com/

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 01:42 PM
Lets go fishing!
I remember seeing this when I first joined, it is fantastic and marcus's cover is superb (who would have guessed wink.gif )

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 3 2007, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Thank you mattacuk! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 13 2007, 09:30 PM
Instructor
Very nice cover Marcus, I think you nailed it perfectly smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 13 2007, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Thanks Toni! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 13 2007, 10:06 PM
I've never even seen that. So sick.

I hope he does more lessons.

Where were you searching when you found this?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 13 2007, 10:20 PM
Instructor
It was listed in the random lessons, to the right on the main page biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 13 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh ok.

+Quote Post
Freebird
Dec 17 2007, 01:33 AM
Marcus that was really close! You did an excellent job smile.gif (as always... we know smile.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:24 AM