Brian Moore Dc-1, Is it a good deal
Velvet Roger
Oct 4 2009, 10:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Guys,

I am currently looking around to get myself a new guitar and I am leaning towards a Gibson Les Paul, but I would like a bit more versatility if possible.

I came across a 1999 Brian Moore DC-1 guitar (without the piezo or midi) with Seymour Duncan P-Rail pickups in it. It seems to be in good condition and I can buy it for about 1250 euro's.

Here is a piece of text on the guitar specs:

The DC/1 was created to meet the demands of players who prefer the 24 3/4" scale. It is a joint design effort between Master Luthier Tom Doyle and Patrick Cummings. Patrick met Tom Doyle in 1996 at a Scott Chinery "Blue Guitar" event and asked Tom if he would like to create a guitar that blended the some of Toms' designs with the our unique ideas such as "comfort contoured top" and "sculpted headstock". Tom is the chosen luthier and long time sound engineer for the legendary Les Paul himself. His 40 plus years in the music industry have been spent on a quest for the perfect tone. His clients and friends include Al Dimeola, George Benson, Sting and Jimmy Page. We are proud to have Tom and his influence on our team.

DC/1 Feature

• Single cutaway design
  • Mahogany body with highly figured top
  • Available in transparent colors and bursts
  • Seymour Duncan pickups
  • Versatile hum/hum configuration
  • Mahogany set neck w/rosewood fingerboard
  • 22 fret, set neck, 24 3/4" scale, 12" radius
  • Sperzel tuners, Tun-o-matic bridge
  • Gold hardware
  • RMC Piezo option available
  • RMC 13 Pin option available
  • BMCG sculpted headstock
  • Comfort Contoured body
  • Innovative output jack

And a pic:

I don't have any experience with Brian Moore guitars, so any comments whether this would be a good deal to do (money-wise) and whether the guitar is high quality or not.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Roger

ps: Maybe some of you noticed that I am completely silent on the forums currently, which is due to the fact that my work is swallowing most of my time and the remainder is completely spent on getting a very large setlist in my memory for the new band I am playing in smile.gif. Hopefully I will be back and active soonish smile.gif.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 4 2009, 11:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
Imho there is nothing that beats a Gibson Les Paul, especially in points of versatility!

Sorry I know nothing about Brian Moore guitars...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 4 2009, 11:57 PM
Instructor
I guess it can be a good guitar, it seems very nicely built. You have to tried it for that kind of money tho, and really see how it sounds and behaves. Might not give you the same degree of versatility as the LP, but with Piezo, you have new possibilities that LP cannot deliver.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 5 2009, 12:16 PM
GMC:er
Brian Moore are beautifully built instruments, a friend of mine has a couple and the quality is second to none!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Oct 5 2009, 01:07 PM
Instructor
I never played a Brian Moore guitar but I do remember some good reviews on guitar magazines about them.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 5 2009, 05:31 PM
ive always wanted a brian moore guitar.

they are really cool, but ive always wanted the ones with the piezo and midi! you can find those for $800 USD around here (USed)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 5 2009, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Oct 5 2009, 05:31 PM) *
ive always wanted a brian moore guitar.

they are really cool, but ive always wanted the ones with the piezo and midi! you can find those for $800 USD around here (USed)

As cheap as that Marc?? ohmy.gif
You could double that easily over here in England!!!
biggrin.gif

Here's one of his Super Strat Style ones. $2221 2nd hand!!!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 5 2009, 07:51 PM
oh wow....i still cant afford either tongue.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 5 2009, 08:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Beautiful guitar! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:39 PM