More Short Licks And Phrases
Guitar1969
Jul 15 2008, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
I was wondering what lessons(where on GMC) would be the best place to find more short licks to learn to add to my pallete for soling. Kind of along the vein of the "Beginner Licks lesson" - these are great and I find myself gyrating toward them when improvising now, but there are only a few, so I need more of these shorter phrases(No long solos).

Would going to the Lick of the Day Archive be the best place for more, other than the Blues Licks lesson, or can someone throw out a few more lower difficulty level ones that can be incorporated into improvising.

Just curious as I feel this is what I need to concentrate on at this point.

Thanks,
Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
superize
Jul 15 2008, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Try look at Carlos lesson his phrasing is just amazing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 19 2008, 06:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm what can I say, I would suggest looking at some blues lessons (Ivan has a number of them)...Also every solo lessons here on gmc have great licks and tricks to get down and incorporate into your own playing and phrasing..Just listen to lessons and if you hear a cool part learn how to play it and think about it why it sounds cool wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 20 2008, 04:52 PM
Instructor
Bogdan is right, just pick a lesson that you like, and learn licks from it. The lessons are most of the time divided into licks anyway, and the good side is also that you have a theory and backing to analyze when to use the, which is also important too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:56 AM