> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Lester's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2015, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jul 18 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Cool! Nice to hear you can get the same picture as I do smile.gif
I will have to start writing the lyrics soon, it just seems that songwriting goes so slowly tongue.gif
Let's just hope the results are worth it smile.gif

Yeah, take your time, write, write and write, no matter if you are not sure of each word and each phrase, write it down, let everything go out. Then, you can slowly polishing each part. But what's it's important is to avoid blocking by letting everything go out...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lester
Jul 21 2015, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Good point! I am on my vacation tomorrow for about 10 days, so I'll continue after that biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jul 21 2015, 02:39 PM) *
Good point! I am on my vacation tomorrow for about 10 days, so I'll continue after that biggrin.gif

Ok! Enjoy your vacation! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Aug 3 2015, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Thnx! I just got back yesterday...I'll get back to work cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2015, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Aug 3 2015, 12:52 PM) *
Thnx! I just got back yesterday...I'll get back to work cool.gif

Cool! Welcome back mate. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Aug 5 2015, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

I just finished another analysis of a song, seven nation army, this version by Ben L'oncle soul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWWZx8P9MAA

I only transcribed the melody line in the verse, because there is no singing in the intro and bridge and in the chorus it's more like a few repetitions of what has already been sung. more like freestyling so to say. smile.gif

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2015, 07:49 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, what a killer version you've found!

It's curious to see how much a song can grow by working on the arrangements. The original song is very simple but still really cool. This version is full of stuff but keeps the feel and spirit of the original one, but makes it sound so big.

This analysis should give you ideas on how you could arrange your songs for a full band, so the comparison between the original and this one is also a essential part of the analysis.

Congrats on the choice and the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Aug 11 2015, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

Here's a first draft of the lyrics for the verse of my song, I'm progressing slowly, but it does go somewhere biggrin.gif
Here it is:

https://youtu.be/DcLWQO0dq7s

The singing is very sloppy since I just came up with the melody I need some time to practice it.
These are the lyrics and the melody notes:

Attached Image

What do you think? smile.gif

I'll practice it and come up with a better version soon! Although it might take a little longer, I'm moving to Helsinki for my studies, so I will also be busy settling at my new place smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2015, 01:40 PM
Instructor
I love it mate. The melody is wonderful and the words fit really naturally on it. You have something really cool here. Try to get the words for the chorus to then start focusing on vocal interpretation.... this is really promising!

Good luck with the move. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Aug 24 2015, 02:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

What's going on? smile.gif
I've completed my move to Finland and settled in my new house, ready to get back practicing smile.gif
Although I have one problem: I couldn't bring my acoustic guitar sad.gif
I found out at the last moment that I need a hardcase for it, but I didn't have one.

So I'll be limited to my electric guitar for a couple of months, we can still work on the songwriting assignment, but it might not be the best sound quality if I use an acoustic simulator for my fender.

Anyway, I'll get back to work biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2015, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, congrats on your move. smile.gif

Don't worry about guitar, it can be refreshing to experiment with it even for the style that you are interested nowadays.

Keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Aug 29 2015, 05:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

I wrote a chorus for my song, but I just thought about something...I cannot make a take with singing while I'm here.. rolleyes.gif
Because I can't make a quick take with my phone, since I play on MIDI interface and not an amp...and I do not have a mic for my MIDI interface.

Do you know any other way that I could still do this? or should we focus on something else for the time being?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2015, 10:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester, I don't really get the problem, could you please go deeper about what you are using regarding hardware and software to create your recordings?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 1 2015, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Sure! biggrin.gif
I have a MIDI interface and a webcam for recording...When I recorded Ideas before, they where made with my phone, just to give an idea of the acoustic guitar work and the singing.
I cannot do the phone anymore, because my acoustic guitar is not here, only my Fender...I cannot capture it with my phone, because I have no amp here...only MIDI interface.

Another option would be using a mic with the MIDI interface, but I do not have a mic here..

So I use:
Tascam US-144 MIDI interface
Fender strat
Webcam

An that's it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2015, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester,

I've checked that Tascam, and it's a soundcard that includes midi. You can connect your guitar directly and use it to record it but you can only record vocals with a mic. I think that this video can help you:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 3 2015, 11:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the video, I will check it out once I get home smile.gif
I don't have a mic, so I can't record vocals for my songwriting assignment now...so maybe we should focus on something else while I'm in FInland?

This post has been edited by Lester: Sep 3 2015, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2015, 02:59 PM
Instructor
yeah, what about some guitar practice? Are there any techniques or styles that you'd like to learn or adjust?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 3 2015, 06:10 PM
Learning Roadie
I do! I stated it when we started: I woud like to be able to understand and play the blues (and bluesrock) smile.gif

I am having a little bit of trouble with my guitarrig software btw...the PC usage gets too high sometimes, so it starts stuttering
It's a problem when I want to run a GMC video and guitar rig at the same time for example...
I never had this problem, so I think it has something to do with windows 10 or something. I also didn't find any solutions online sad.gif

I might try to experiment with some other software, like the Reaper and amplitube in the video, although it seems a lot harder than guitar rig as a standalone biggrin.gif
Could you recommend anything else? I am kind of hoping that I can still fix guitar rig, which I like a lot smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2015, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Lester, this can be related to your soundcard too. If your PC is relatively new (I3, I5, I7) you should be able to use an amp emulator and videos. I would try using Reaper and maybe Poulin plug ins that are softer than Guitar Rig. I also have issues when using Guitar Pro stand alone and internet videos, so it can be a solution.

Here you can learn more about Poulin: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52512

Please try it and let me know if it solves the issue.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 4 2015, 07:35 PM
Learning Roadie
I've updated the ASIO drivers and reinstalled the Tascam drivers and it seems to work now!
I will also try Poulin, maybe nice to experiment with something else for a change. So what lesson will we do? smile.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:23 AM