A Father's Love, Acoustic Composition
thefireball
Nov 11 2010, 04:48 AM
Learning Roadie
SCROLL TO POST #15. I REMASTERED THIS SONG. smile.gif

This is a song I wrote for my Dad's Birthday, which is November 11. This is acoustic style. I wrote and recorded this in two nights. The solo is improvised for the most part. However, I had the main melodies in my head; I just improvised over them. Now that I've written and recorded this, I think I will keep all of these melodies as the actual notes. smile.gif

My Dad loved this!! Yay! I was sure he would, because he likes this style. wink.gif

I tuned my Jackson SLSMG guitar to Eb tuning, so this song is in Gb Major. You will hear a bit of reverb and some delay (echo) on the harmonics part. I used a clean channel for all of the parts on my VOX VT 30 amp. I used the blues setting on my BOSS ME 20 pedal; overdrive will work too, but on my ME 20 it was a bit more distorted, and would not have been quite the tone I was going for. The AC30HH amp is what my Vox was simulating on the rhythm guitars. The AC15TB amp was simulated for the solo, because it gave more of a country tone.

This took a lot of time and energy, and I thank God for my being able write such a song. I'm glad to have written something with an actual melody and not just heavy drop riffing.

My Dad has a wonderful heart for God, and is a wonderful pastor to our local church. Therefore, I named this song "A Father's Love". smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Feb 6 2011, 09:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Mudbone
Nov 11 2010, 07:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That was really nice, I liked it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 11 2010, 01:15 PM
Instructor
That's beautiful, very nicely presented and played.

Yes, thank God for being able to do this smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 11 2010, 10:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks, guys. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2010, 09:18 AM
GMC:er
Nicely done! And I dig your solo work on it too. You have a strong grasp of rythm/accenting which really makes the solo flow well. You RAWK!

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2010, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Great composition, great themes, and very good flow. You have the ability to create simple but catchy and meaningful melodies, which is very important for a musician and composer. Keep up the good work! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Nov 15 2010, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Very nice! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 15 2010, 10:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks so much, guys! happy.gif

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Nov 18 2010, 09:42 PM
Beginner Instructor
I like it! I think it would sound really awesome played with an acoustic guitar too!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 19 2010, 01:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes, it would. smile.gif I wish I had one. I'll get an acoustic one of these days. wink.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 19 2010, 05:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Is that you mustache boy? looks so 80s wink.gif

Anyway, Love it man, thats inspiring me to wear my composition gears now. smile.gif Doing something for your dad is really encouraging. Respect!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 19 2010, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
laugh.gif Thanks, Maharzan! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 19 2010, 11:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Beautiful composition and a great gift to your Dad! smile.gif You should keep up composing such songs! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 20 2010, 08:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 19 2010, 04:20 PM) *
Beautiful composition and a great gift to your Dad! smile.gif You should keep up composing such songs! smile.gif

I agree that I should continue. wink.gif Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 6 2011, 09:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I have remastered this song. I have added a bridge and extra chorus round to the mix. I used POD Farm to record this. It sounds a bit more authentic; if only I had a real acoustic guitar. smile.gif I really enjoyed reproducing this song from scratch. I hope you all enjoy. smile.gif

Attached File  A_Father_s_Love__remastered_.mp3 ( 4.11MB ) Number of downloads: 308

I plan on shooting a video for this like I did for the first version, but I want to wait until spring when everything is green. (Yes, the footage will be outside) It's winter here right now. When I shoot the video, I'll just do it like real bands do - mime to the studio version. wink.gif

I want to make a public thank you to my parents in giving me feedback for this song. I mixed it a few times until they said it sounded great. (I know it may not sound like the pros, but I enjoy what I do anyway.) wink.gif
Thanks for the support! cool.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Feb 6 2011, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 8 2011, 02:11 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Mix sounds pretty good man, Tones are nice as well and your phrasing sounds pretty nice. What you should do, and this is me just being me, is add some nice, soft, and light strings to it, just to accent it a bit.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 8 2011, 02:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Not a bad idea, man. smile.gif Thanks for the feedback!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 8 2011, 01:48 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I agree with the uncreator. The mix sounds good but we are string lovers laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
I missed this post and only just seen it for the first time. You've got an excellent ear for melody Fireball.. really creative !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 9 2011, 12:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks everybody! I don't know about adding strings; I was trying to keep it kinda country style (somewhat)...but ah, suggestions are suggestions. I'll mull it over. Maybe I can have 2 versions! smile.gif At any rate, even though I love this snow we are having here in AR, I'm ready for spring and greenery to roll around so I can shoot this video outside. cool.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:09 PM