I've Made My Album Free For 1 Week
Taka Perry
Aug 20 2013, 11:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello GMC,

As a result of reaching 200 likes on my Facebook page (a big achievement for me), I decided I'd make my debut album 'Fight or Flight' free for one week. If you'd like to, you're more than welcome to download it from Bandcamp.

Download: http://takaperry.bandcamp.com/
My Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/takaperry.page

Thanks, I hope you like it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 20 2013, 10:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
It seems like this thread kind of slipped past everyone unnoticed wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2013, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Congratulations!! I liked your page now and I'm listening to the songs. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 21 2013, 12:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
That's awesome Taka, had a listen I liked it smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2013, 01:31 AM
GMC:er
Congrats smile.gif Good idea to make it free. Even if you do have hard costs in it, I'd say keep it FREE and keep all your music free until you reach enough critical mass to let people donate whatever they want for it. You can start that now if you like but I'd suggest letting the minimum donation be $0. Sadly you typically have to eat the costs of production until you reach a certain level of fan interest. It's doable though as many startup bands have shows smile.gif Ola Englund and Keith Merrow are two good examples.

Thanks for the album BTW!

Todd

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 20 2013, 06:16 AM) *
Hello GMC,

As a result of reaching 200 likes on my Facebook page (a big achievement for me), I decided I'd make my debut album 'Fight or Flight' free for one week. If you'd like to, you're more than welcome to download it from Bandcamp.

Download: http://takaperry.bandcamp.com/
My Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/takaperry.page

Thanks, I hope you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 21 2013, 04:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2013, 08:06 AM) *
Congratulations!! I liked your page now and I'm listening to the songs. smile.gif

Thanks Gabe smile.gif Really appreciate it.

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Aug 21 2013, 09:13 AM) *
That's awesome Taka, had a listen I liked it smile.gif

Thank you Hajduk smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 21 2013, 10:31 AM) *
Congrats smile.gif Good idea to make it free. Even if you do have hard costs in it, I'd say keep it FREE and keep all your music free until you reach enough critical mass to let people donate whatever they want for it. You can start that now if you like but I'd suggest letting the minimum donation be $0. Sadly you typically have to eat the costs of production until you reach a certain level of fan interest. It's doable though as many startup bands have shows smile.gif Ola Englund and Keith Merrow are two good examples.

Thanks for the album BTW!

Todd

Thanks Todd. smile.gif I hope you liked it. I understand your point of view. I think I might think about the pricing scheme. My album production costs were basically $0, because it was all home recorded. I know many bands that pay at least $500 to record an album, so I can imagine making that free would be hard for them.

I'm not sure how making it free would play out with physical copies. Would it seem weird to have the digital album free and then have the hard copy for $10?

Also, what would you think about building an email list. I know that Bandcamp gives me the option to require users to enter their email if they enter $0. I don't want to be asking too much, in the end, the more I ask, the less chance they'll end up downloading..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 21 2013, 08:17 AM
Cool, can i download a CD too? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 21 2013, 08:24 AM
I downloaded the album man, great stuff on there, really relaxing wink.gif I'm gonna get this on my cell phone!

By the way, what plugins did you use for the synths and stuff?

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 21 2013, 09:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 21 2013, 05:17 PM) *
Cool, can i download a CD too? biggrin.gif

If you can work out how to download a physical object, I'd be more than happy to give you one man laugh.gif

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Aug 21 2013, 05:24 PM) *
I downloaded the album man, great stuff on there, really relaxing wink.gif I'm gonna get this on my cell phone!

By the way, what plugins did you use for the synths and stuff?

Thanks man. Relaxing was what I was going for wink.gif

A lot of it was with the stock instruments and plugins that came with Studio One, but two other synths I could not live without would be Synth1 and Mini V smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 21 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
You're very talented Young man Taka smile.gif Good sense of music / dynamics / colors smile.gif

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Aug 21 2013, 10:57 AM
Awesome stuff, Taka. Way to go!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 21 2013, 12:19 PM
Awesome music Taka! I think its gonna be hard to get money unless you have a large fan base like Todd said. However, I admire your entrepreneurial style and sense...Your music and that determination will pay you well one day! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 21 2013, 01:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you for the comments everyone smile.gif very much appreciated

Headbanger - You have a good point here. Right now, my main focus is to get my music heard, not to make money smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 25 2013, 07:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
It seems as though I can't edit the original post, but I have changed the URL of my Facebook page. If you want, you can find it at:

https://www.facebook.com/TakaPerryMusic

Thanks guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:57 PM