2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Usb 1 Vs Usb 2
besip
Jan 14 2009, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
Hey
i'm just thinking what is the big diferent and how i'm can find what kind of usb i'm have on myPC system???

actualy was i'm see few good stuff on Craiglist like PodXt or podX3 for less but i'm know pod Xt is i'm belive create for usb1 pod pod X3 is create for usb2..so what that is mean??

if i'm have for example usb1 and i'm be buy podX3 which support usb2...so then the gear don't gonna work over my pc???? i',m never was thinking about the issue before .....

actualy 1litle more question--in the case when i'm buy some product from Line 6 like podX3 or ux1 from somebody.do i'm be need a buy my personal acces to Line 6 Monkey????

i'm asking becouse fex month ago i'm was buy Ux1 from Samash but when i'm try to activate the Monkey thye system tell me i'm not able to do that becouse somebody allready has the acces number..so looks like i'm was buy blemished gear...so thats why i'm returned the gear to the store

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Jan 14 2009, 12:15 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 14 2009, 12:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
All computers that are quite up to date have usb2 onboard. Even my girlfriends 8 years old computer has it so dont worry, you have usb2. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 14 2009, 12:28 AM
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Jan 13 2009, 07:26 PM) *
All computers that are quite up to date have usb2 onboard. Even my girlfriends 8 years old computer has it so dont worry, you have usb2. smile.gif

ok hope so laugh.gif i'm have costum build pc and is like 3-4 years old tongue.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 14 2009, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 14 2009, 12:28 AM) *
ok hope so laugh.gif i'm have costum build pc and is like 3-4 years old tongue.gif

Should be no problem then smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 12:52 AM
what's a difference? A bandwidth. A big difference in a bandwidth between USB 1.0 or 1.1 and USB 2.0.

BUT - if you connect such devices as POD, always be sure you're connecting it to the straight port and not to an USB hub. Also DO NOT use any cords to make it longer.

This post has been edited by utak3r: Jan 14 2009, 12:53 AM

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 14 2009, 01:02 PM
Instructor
USB 1.0 has a maximum speed of 12 Mbps, while 2.0 has 480 Mbps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Your PC should have USB 2.0 Besip, don't worry. If you really wanna be sure 100%, give us the exact model of your motherboard.

Regarding your other question, you should get Line 6 account for free along with the device you purchased. When you buy the device you can register yourself with it's serial code. If you can not do that, then the device is not new, and you are being cheated.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 14 2009, 01:45 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 01:47 PM
USB 2.0 is standard in all modern PCs from the last 6 or 7 years I believe. Also USB 3.0 is out now so expect many devices to switch to this incredible standard where speeds are insane. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 02:32 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 01:47 PM) *
this incredible standard where speeds are insane. smile.gif

well... no HDD will be able to write this data stream, actually wink.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Jan 14 2009, 02:44 PM
Can't wait for this!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/10/usb-3-0-in-the-flesh/

smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Jan 14 2009, 01:44 PM) *

That document is very old. See my post above. The spec for USB 3.0 is out now and is being incorporated in products now. Go to the USB web page and you can see the info on it.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Jan 14 2009, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 08:48 AM) *
That document is very old. See my post above. The spec for USB 3.0 is out now and is being incorporated in products now. Go to the USB web page and you can see the info on it.

Awesome.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 14 2009, 03:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 01:47 PM) *
USB 2.0 is standard in all modern PCs from the last 6 or 7 years I believe. Also USB 3.0 is out now so expect many devices to switch to this incredible standard where speeds are insane. smile.gif

blink.gif didn't know about that, I love USB, pendrives are one of the biggest inventions ever laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 14 2009, 03:37 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Wife loves pen drives/usb sticks as well Fran. She seems to collect them - must have about 20 of them.

As a side note - one thing about them is that they have a limited life (think it's something like 10,000 read/write accesses). If, like my wife, you access your data and work with it on the fly direct from the USB device you can use up those lives pretty quick. She got quoted 200USD to recover data from it.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Without USB we would be lost, I agree. They just need to make sure that they can put enough of them on the motherboard. At least 4 would be good. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 14 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Without USB we would be lost, I agree. They just need to make sure that they can put enough of them on the motherboard. At least 4 would be good. smile.gif

I have 10 laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 03:55 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 03:54 PM) *
I have 10 laugh.gif

real ports, or through a hub?

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 14 2009, 02:55 PM) *
real ports, or through a hub?

real ports. No hubs. I have 4 on the back of the case, 4 on the top and 2 on the front.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 04:00 PM
ha, many of them... I have only 6 smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 05:34 PM
Instructor
I don't have any of them atm sad.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:24 PM