First Recording This Year, Havent touched the guitar in a month = /
Vulpine
Feb 18 2014, 09:55 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC , been mia for a while I apologize my cousin passed away back in december and I have barely touched my guitar since n can defineatley feel the rust , but am looking to start getting back into Shape (practice) as of late anyway heres my first upload..

https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/untitled-2

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Feb 18 2014, 10:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm so sorry about your cousin.

I'm glad to see that you are slowly getting back to music and composition. This composition is nice, I think that it has a feeling which really reflects the title of the track. One thing that could make it sound even cooler would be to improve the drums sound and try to make it more acoustic. Have you thought about it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Feb 19 2014, 06:52 AM
GMC:er
hey gabe thanks.... more acoustic? do you mean like less intensity of the drums, lower volume?

(am using ez drummer now )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2014, 08:14 AM
Instructor
Sorry to hear about your cousin mate sad.gif I think you should let music help you heal.. Now, about the recording, as usual, your ideas are fresh and interesting and I also noticed better timing - nothing to observe really smile.gif But Gabi is right - he means that the drum track feels a bit too robotic, I think. You should make it sound more natural.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2014, 01:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Feb 19 2014, 02:52 AM) *
hey gabe thanks.... more acoustic? do you mean like less intensity of the drums, lower volume?

(am using ez drummer now )

yeah, Cosmin is right about what I mean. It sounds like a machine, too generic and it doesn't fit in the mix. Would you mind send me a file with your guitars but the drums in midi to give you a fast mix to show you what I mean?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 08:50 AM
Instructor
I think that one thing that you should work on in respect to drum writing, is to start working with velocities - in order to make the drum track sound as human as possible - you know, one hit can be harder and one can be softer. Another thing - but this comes with experience, would be to replicate drum tracks from your favorite songs and see how the drummer wrote that track in order to serve the melody smile.gif There's a LOT to learn by doing so smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 20 2014, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Condolences for the cousin's loss sad.gif It's understandable You had a break. I hope making music will help You handle the situation andforget for a while. This is nice idea - I like the harmony and guitar concepts. I think the drums are much too loud. Also...I would consider learning how to draw in midi and using some of bass vsti like 4Front bass plug-in. Bass is really essential thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:40 PM