2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi Im Paul In Torquay England, Yngwie fan new user to GMC
carpathian Etude
Dec 2 2009, 11:23 PM
GMC:er
Hi Dudes Im paul I live in Torquay inDevon South West England
I have been Playing Guitar for about 20 years .......BUT I have mainly been playing songs( open/barre chord stuff)
as I guess I did not have the confidence to play the stuff I love which is neoclassical and metal, recently though I have revised my
opinion of myself after practising harmonic minor scales up and down in 3s and 4s in the summer I figured I might be able to play the music I love.

Since then Ive been learning Yngwie type stuff harmonic minor, and phrygian dominant, sweep arpeggios diminshed 7th arpeggios
Im a bit slow but Im hoping with lots of practise I can shred and write some stuff of my own maybe.

Ive learned a bit of theory like building triads from scales, modes of major scale and harmonic minor i sort of understand the basics a bit moe now, I never thought I would but somehow after all these years a bit of reading and it clicked, well enough for me to make some sense of music.

I think Yngwie is great and I just got a japanese yngwie strat circa 97 I also have a LTD (esp) ex260 which is very easy to play even with power slinky 11s. I love my yngwie strat though and it is now my main guitar, I also have a epiphone Les paul with 'not even slinky' 12's on it tuned to drop C for brutal riffage hehe i t was left to me by my uncle who was a keen guitarist.

I also love metal especially scandinavian melodic death/power/symphonic metal my fave bands are children of bodom, skyfire,insomnium, eternal tears of sorrow, dark tranquility, norther, wintersun, nightwish and similar bands.

I am mainly on here though to build up my neoclassical chops I have seen some lessons on here already (neoclassical etude no 1 by Marcus lavendall ( I learned the first free bit already (slowly though probably about 80bpm)

My fave shredders are Yngwie and Joe Stump, Dean cascione is good too.

anyway thats me Ive had flu the past week so practise has hit a block but now im getting better Im hoping to get back to normal
I usually practise about 2 hrs a day but hope to ramp it up. I usually spend a bit of time getting my scales up to speed, then a bit on sweeping then a bit on previous new stuff and bit on new stuff.

Have a great evening/day.....paul

ps i just got the guitar quick out the case unplugged and had a go at the etude of marcus's Im not as fast as I thought I can just about keep up at 60bpm but it was fun and I have been ill hehe, it was great to play to the backing though and check out some of the other parts of the etude cant wait to practise more now.
BTW would it not be totally awesome to have guitarmasterclass merchandise like t shirts etc, as long as they came in black though with a real cool logo, yeah......... cheers....paul

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by carpathian Etude: Dec 2 2009, 11:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2009, 11:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cool introduction! Welcome to GMC Paul! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 3 2009, 12:41 AM
Instructor
I love Yngwie, he's one of the best guitarist to see live,

Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 3 2009, 01:00 AM
Thanks Guys for the welcome have a great evening

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 01:39 AM
Instructor
Cool music taste man smile.gif Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 3 2009, 05:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcme to GMC man . I hope you will enjoy this website.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 3 2009, 06:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Paul and welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 3 2009, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Paul ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 3 2009, 11:28 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi and welcome to GMC, there is T Shirts still available to buy I believe, I will dig out the link for you. smile.gif

Edit: here ya go http://www.cafepress.co.uk/GMC_shop

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Dec 3 2009, 11:31 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 3 2009, 12:26 PM
Wow thanks dudes, what a terrific community you have here. have a great day Paul

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 3 2009, 04:01 PM
Welcome to GMC Paul!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Dec 3 2009, 04:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
carpathian Etude
Dec 4 2009, 12:08 AM
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Dec 3 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Hi and welcome to GMC, there is T Shirts still available to buy I believe, I will dig out the link for you. smile.gif

Edit: here ya go http://www.cafepress.co.uk/GMC_shop

Thanks for the link Chris, Im not overly keen on the design, perhaps a competition for a new design would be a fun thing?
Thanks for posting anyway....paul

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 4 2009, 01:30 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Paul smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Dec 4 2009, 06:33 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Paul!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 4 2009, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 5 2009, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Nice intro Paul, welcome to GMC. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Dec 5 2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Welcome! Great to have you here, Paul! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Dec 5 2009, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Paul! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Dec 6 2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Paul!. Welcome to the site man!. Awesome intro!, Now we know how we can help you in case you need help in something. See you around man!. Cheers!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:09 PM