Hands Syncronisation Question
Nighthawk1
Jul 2 2008, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMC,
I was just practising some hand synch with Danilo's Hands Sync. lesson and I have a urgent question....I am not quite sure but what is he exactly doing when moving to the next string? For example index,medium,ring...in his descprition he says move the finger in this chronicle order...does that mean the two fingers have to stay on the low e string while the index is on the ninth fret on the a string so that I really keep the other fingers frettet on their position until the have to move again...because I couldn't clearly see it in the video if he really does it that way.....Is clear what I mean???Thanks for answers biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 2 2008, 09:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 2 2008, 09:38 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Sorry to be lazy- but...link? And at what time (in seconds) does what you're asking occur?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 2 2008, 09:43 PM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation1/ no problem. I mean the whole lessons....it is always the same movement...

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 2 2008, 10:14 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Okay i seethe lesson.

I'm not so sure of the question though but here goes:

Here is the tab to video 1

Index-Medium

S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||---------------------------9-10-11-10-------|
B||----------------------9-10------------11-10-|
G||-----------------9-10-----------------------|
D||------------9-10----------------------------|
A||-------9-10---------------------------------|
E||--9-10--------------------------------------|

--------------------------------------------------|
--11-10-------------------------------------11-12-|
--------11-10-------------------------11-12-------|
--------------11-10-------------11-12-------------|
--------------------11-10-11-12-------------------|

etc..

and heres the fingering:
I= index
M= middle (medium?)

Index-Medium

E||---------------------------I-M-M-I-------|
B||----------------------I-M------------M-I-|
G||-----------------I-M-----------------------|
D||------------I-M----------------------------|
A||-------I-M---------------------------------|
E||--I-M--------------------------------------|

--M-I-------------------------------------I-M-|
--------M-I-------------------------I-M-------|
--------------M-I-------------I-M-------------|
--------------------M-I-I-M-------------------|

etc..
The other videos have this sequence but using different fingers (as described).

the playing "process" should be something like: play index, play middle, lift/prepare index while still playing middle, play index and at the same time lift/prepare middle (to avoid notes ringing together)...then this process cycles..

The fingers not being used don't have to be on the fretboard- but you should avoid letting them "fly away" too far from the fretboard as this is considered "bad practise". Keep your hand relaxed and play slow to avoid this wink.gif

Does that answer your question? If not, can you be more specific?

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 09:08 AM
Does that answer your question? If not, can you be more specific?
[/quote]

Well I am not quite sure.
There is an exercise which goes like this:
You play for instance a 1-2-3-4 fingering on every string. What's difficult here is on changing from one string to the next, the finger should be placed on the next string while other fingers are in a row (Until they are needed they should rest on the previous string).
I wondered whether this was also the main difficulty of the hand sync. lesson because I couldn't see whether it is played like this...But I think this is not intended in this lesson ?!?!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 4 2008, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jul 4 2008, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Hello nighthawk! Deeproots answer is what would say you too! (thanks deeproots) When you have a problem or a question send me an e-mail, this way I sure will reply you, ok? Bye and keep on practice!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 4 2008, 10:37 AM
oh also... a great exercise to prevent "flying fingers" is to get these awesome exercises, throw away your pick, just do the lefthand part really slow and without fretting. Try to minimize your movement and to not touch any other string. Make sure that your fingers are precisely above the strings, just not touching them, then when you would hit the string/fret the note, you just barely touch it. You can then do the same exercise but now fretting the notes.

It's of utmost importance to do this really really slow and make sure that your movement is perfect.

When you're done, add picking strokes. Really REALLY slow, work your way up to a fair speed (don't worry about timing) or ANYTHING else than perfection of movement. Now pick a slow metronome setting, (now playing the original ecercise) play very precisely. Your movement should have been perfected and now you're working on your timing. Now, when you master that bpm LOWER it, this seems wierd but trust me, it's awesome. Then lower it again, and again untill you can't play it anymore. It's too far from beat to beat for you to be able to hear the tempo. Now, try to subdivide it in your head, TA ka ka ka TA ka ka ka and see if you can go even lower.

Then, go the other way around, increase speed. The thing is, now you don't have to worry about knowing the exercise as you already know it very well. Your timing should come naturally, your movement as well. Now it's just keeping in synch and precision at higher speed.

This takes a lot of patience so try not to overuse it, it'll drive you insane. But do it with certain licks which you use a lot. Then practise the same architecture but in different scales and starting from a different note in the scale and you'll get your theory down and you'll get like 5 to 10 new licks from your personaly favorite lick for free!

sorry, sometimes I just get carried away. But if I do this with a lick, I get it down very well. Even in my worst days I can play it perfectly and blindfolded and it has really helped me with every other lick I play and my hands synch isn't a problem anymore. Also, my timing is cool now. I've also started to learn to play in different scales, and to recognize scales from small patterns.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 4 2008, 10:54 AM
Interesting addition...thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:41 AM