Semi-harmonic?
swingline
Jul 3 2008, 08:37 PM
GMC:er
I see this on GP all the time and its driving me crazy, how in the world do you do a Semi-harmonic? I worked to try to find out but I've always had no luck.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 3 2008, 11:05 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I think it's when you still have some of the original note ringing through during the harmonic. I can only do them on whammy and pinch harmonics dunno if you can do them on anything else.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 3 2008, 11:13 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 4 2008, 12:05 AM) *
I think it's when you still have some of the original note ringing through during the harmonic. I can only do them on whammy and pinch harmonics dunno if you can do them on anything else.

I've guessed that it's kind of the same technique as Emppu Vuorinen (The guitarist) uses from 00:50 to 00:58 in this vid:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzMkY8Zxng

smile.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:13 AM