Killer Les Paul V Series Is Out. Investment Grade?
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2020, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
These do look like pretty great guitars. We have two more "Legacy" players doing the demo. These are not cheap instruments in any respect. They are nearly 2k each but they do sound great and look great and probably will go up in value over time. These could be an "investment grade" guitar which is a handy way to store value. It's sure more fun than putting it in the stock market. They have even changed the neck profile to be top weighted so the higher strings get a little thinner neck width. You can split the humbuckers to get a more tele sound and the extra weight has been removed from the body so it won't give you hunchback if you stand while playing wink.gif So it's a traditional looking guitar with some much needed improvements. I wonder if traditionalists will think this is a good thing, or if they will reject it just being wrong. What do you think? Will "cork sniffing" types say these changes have decreased the value?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2020, 10:41 PM
GMC Founder
Nice, I can easily drool over these. I have always wanted a LP Standard (and Gold top) but never felt ready for the investment.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 27 2020, 06:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Do the headstocks still snap off if you look at them funny?

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 28 2020, 02:30 AM
Good lord I hope not! At these prices Id expect good build quality.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 27 2020, 01:43 PM) *
Do the headstocks still snap off if you look at them funny?

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 28 2020, 03:10 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 27 2020, 06:30 PM) *
Good lord I hope not! At these prices Id expect good build quality.

Almost any LP, SG or 335 headstock will snap if it falls backwards onto it. It's an unfortunate byproduct of how they make their neck joint. You'll be hard pressed to find any one of those models that's over 25 years old that doesn't have some type of headstock repair.
$2000.00 is a good price for a good LP though I am wary of the 'reduced weight' thing. Every time Gibson does that it also reduces the tone, IMO.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 29 2020, 01:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a early 80s Burny Les Paul copy and whilst the prices are going up a decent Japanese clone from those days would be my choice over a new Gibson.

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Oct 29 2020, 01:31 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 5 2020, 08:46 PM
Learning Roadie
I just got an email from Epiphone withe Prophecy Les Paul. Carved heel joint fishman fluence pickups. $899

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2020, 06:49 PM
The Fishman are the pickup of the moment to be sure. Traditionalists might not want them in their LP however. I'm interested to see if folks start getting factory LPs with Fishmans.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 5 2020, 03:46 PM) *
I just got an email from Epiphone withe Prophecy Les Paul. Carved heel joint fishman fluence pickups. $899

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 PM