12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Bascuthach's Bootcamp!, Let the Training Begin!
Bas Cuthach
Jan 24 2020, 06:20 PM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2020, 08:32 PM
This is well played Soldier. You have gotten out of what I was hoping and I must blame apologize for not having better tablature set out for you. .I have recreated the tablature to match the video more directly for reference material. You don't need to do this one again, I"m just including these for edification. Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

RIGHT HAND CONTROL: For the tapping and picking bits, one needs good control of the right hand. This becomes even more critical as we move ahead.

FINGER POWER: Without finger power, the hammer on lick won't work. You've got power to spare!!!
PRECISION IN TRAVERSE: Wads of traverse here. It's good practice for what's coming. The ability to traverse strings without making huge amounts of string noise is a critical skills.

This is not a simple collection of bits and you play it well! Despite the fact that my tab didn't match up to the vid up reviewing it. You have gotten what I wanted you to get out of this Mission. you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

Here are the updated Tabs/Guitar Pro files for reference. Again, you don't need to re do this lesson. You are ready to move forward!
WARMUP A (Hammer On Lick)
Attached File  45_Warmup_A_fix.gp5 ( 2.09K ) Number of downloads: 151

Attached Image

WARM UP B (Tapping Lick)
Attached File  45_Warmup_B_tap__fix.gp5 ( 2.25K ) Number of downloads: 136

Attached Image
MISSION DRILL A
Attached File  45_A_FIX.gp5 ( 1.66K ) Number of downloads: 157
Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 24 2020, 01:20 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Feb 7 2020, 01:44 AM
the second piece is a bit tricky for me, i did miss a beat and will practice it more, for now this is what i got, hope for a pass biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2020, 02:18 AM
The first and last bits of your vid are really impressive. I see that one stumble in the middle that you mention but you recover very well which is really more important. So let's Debrief!!!
TRICKY PICKING: You nailed it Soldier. The picking on this is very very tricky indeed.

SPIFF SYNCH: The tricky picking can make your synch drift, good news is your synch is tight!!!!
TRAVERSE GALORE: Part of what I want you to learn here is STRING TRAVERSE. That last lick in particular you traverse like a monster!!!

You didn't even break a sweat!!!! This is NOT an easy MISSION for anyone IMHO and you KILLED it. You are ready for the KRAZY bits ahead.

LEVLED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Feb 6 2020, 08:44 PM) *
the second piece is a bit tricky for me, i did miss a beat and will practice it more, for now this is what i got, hope for a pass biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 8 2020, 06:17 PM
this is a tricky one

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Sep 9 2020, 04:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 8 2020, 06:18 PM
Yet another Lesson, some day i will have done them all haha

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Sep 8 2020, 06:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 13 2020, 03:02 AM
odd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2020, 09:32 AM
Great to see you back in the fight Soldier!!!!! That set of the first two licks is very tricky. both of them make you end on the PINKY. You have the idea but you don't quite fret the last note very smoothly. I know you can reach that soldier!!! you've got a killer pinky!!! The last two licks are THUMBLESS TECHNIQUE licks as it mentions in the notes. It's an easy thing to miss. IT's also a good chance to work on your THUMBLESS!! Take the thumb OFF the neck for the last two.

BACK TO THE FRONT!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Sep 8 2020, 01:17 PM) *
this is a tricky one

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 17 2021, 05:45 PM
Few Months of practice, this is not an easy jump

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2021, 01:39 AM
Well Fought Soldier!! This one has a stretch that can humble even the hardest fighter. Congrats on getting your pinky to reach half way down the neck!!! You got the other lick as well. I often like to see the second lick in a loop but you can play it well and that's what mattes. You've got a solid palm mute with no string bleed and your pick strikes are clean. Also, hand synch is good. It checks all the boxes that I like to see in every mission. This one has the stretch challenge on top of all the rest. Well done! You are ready for what's ahead!!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image

Attached Image

Onward

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 17 2021, 12:45 PM) *
Few Months of practice, this is not an easy jump

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 18 2021, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 18 2021, 07:24 PM
playing with new tones cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2021, 05:07 AM
Nice! This one takes a single shape, and moves it around, the runs it backwards and then has you do a open string tapping lick with it. The first few drills are to get your hand used to playing that pattern on the left hand. It's a bit of a stretch with the pinky and i'm glad to say your pinky is in top shape. You stick the landing each time. During the reverse patter bit you didn't get thrown off and your open string tapping was quite good. Clearly you have the skills Soldier!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 18 2021, 02:24 PM) *
playing with new tones cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Feb 1 2021, 01:34 AM
After several attempts and many new issues with new gear, a few set backs, and many takes and retakes lol though here it is, the end of a long day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2021, 06:51 AM
Well Fought Soldier!!! Sorry to hear you had some gear issues! It looks like you pushed through and sorted it out! This is well played. This is some very advanced tapping. It's well beyond the standard EVH tapping stuff. This makes use of the open string which gains a free note essentially. Also, you have to to hammer on and pull off with multiple fingers and keep it all high and tight in terms of timing and muting.

The last one is an 8 note per string lick. Getting 8 notes per string on a tapping lick is a lot of notes. In addition, you have move both hands at various points, up and down the neck. So multi tap and traverse. For practice, try these licks on every string to see if you can keep them clean!!! You've got this one sorted Soldier! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jan 31 2021, 08:34 PM) *
After several attempts and many new issues with new gear, a few set backs, and many takes and retakes lol though here it is, the end of a long day

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Feb 23 2021, 06:56 PM
Lesson 50!!! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2021, 08:51 AM
Welcome back to the fight Soldier!! This one is all about the fret hand power. The good news is that you have got loads of fret hand power!! This one requires you to not only do non stop hammer ons, but also non stop pull offs. So if one of those is lagging, the lick falls apart. Also, you gotta traverse every single string so if your hand positioning is poor it won't go well either. You've got solid hand position here and good use of the over hand mute technique!!!! This one is sorted Soldier. You just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Feb 23 2021, 01:56 PM) *
Lesson 50!!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 23 2021, 05:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2021, 03:54 AM
The first two drills are speed builders and I've seen the speed in your fingers Soldier! The other licks are perfect as is. Those first two are symmetrical and don't require any fret shift. Push the speed on those two Soldier!! Give me on vid with you pushing the ragged edge on the first two licks and it's sorted! Keep it tight but push!

Sarge

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Mar 23 2021, 12:32 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 05:17 AM
I have created a new Mute Drill just for my BOOTCAMP SOLDIERS! This one is not for a badge. This is just to help you work on your mute. It's a very simple drill. Just palm mute the bridge, and take your fret hand OFF of the guitar entirely. This will force your palm mute to do all the mute work and show you if there are gaps in your mute. So try it as in the vid, just strike each string a few times, and move on to the next string. Make sure that you don't hear any other string other than the one you are striking. That's the point of this drill. To make sure that you can isolate all of the other strings with your palm mute.

if you notice that you hear other strings ringing, even when you are not striking them, adjust your palm mute angle/position until you find that sweet spot where your palm should be resting. This is the secret sauce folks. Once you sort this out, you won't have to worry about string noise getting in your way, even on our crazy open string licks that span several or all of the strings. It's a quick and simple drill that can really help you isolate any issues with your mute. give it a whirl!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 26 2021, 05:42 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
May 7 2021, 04:26 PM
ya, i do struggle with muting the B and High E strings, haha so i kinda fake it till i make it xD

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:31 PM