Hello Gmc!, Finally a member!
Blister
Feb 2 2011, 12:31 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I started (really attempted to start) playing guitar when I was 13 (I'm now 47). Back then, I took private lessons for maybe a year but put the guitar away only to pick it up from time to time but just kept getting frustrated. Recently, while surfing the internet, I realized that so much was available now than when I was younger. I found GMC & looked around but kept coming back to GMC. I took FULL advantage of all that GMC had to offer to a "guest". I read the forums, looked at the lessons as well as tried quite a few but I have to say what seemed the coolest was the live video chat. Being able to interact with fellow guitar students & the teacher was fun to watch but I wanted to participate! Working full time, among having other obligations, I don't have time to take private lessons & GMC is there 24/7! I "stalked" the site for a year, making sure I could make the time to practice. I finally notice the callouses on my left hand were getting pretty tough & that convinced me that I could make the time to practice.

I have a LP copy (an Aria...that I got when I was 13), a Fender G-Dec amp & also a Heathkit 25 watt amp w/2 12" speakers (which I built when I was 13 soldering all those tiny resistors, diodes, capacitors...wow...that's another story). My last name is Frampton so I kind of had to get a black LP cause Frampton Comes Alive was beyond huge at that time. I love the Beatles, 80's music, Toto, Journey, Styx, BTO, ELO, Supertramp, SRV & it just doesn't matter, I pretty much love it all! Steve Lukather is my favorite guitarist but I like & want to learn all styles. I have learned about so many other guitarists that I had never appreciated until now because of this site. The styles I plan to work on, other than the basic exercises, are rock fusion & jazz.

I love all the lessons the site has to offer. But I have to say what is really important to me is that everyone here is so supportive. It doesn't seem to matter what level (or age!!) a person is, everyone offers helpful & supportive advice. I believe to achieve ANY goal in life that you must have a strong support group.

I also want to thank Ramiro & Todd for acknowledging the guests in the chat rooms. They are both very patient, helpful & encouraging. Again, that was a major factor for me to join. I am so surprised that more people don't take advantage of the live video chats. They are incredibly informative & helpful.

I apologize if I rambled on too long but I am very excited to be here.

Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 2 2011, 12:49 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey Gary ! Glad you finally decided to join us.
Very insightful introduction. Yeah I also think the video chats are awesome.
Hopefully more people will participate in the future.

See you round the forum! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 2 2011, 01:10 AM
GMC:er
Of course age doesn't matter, just put in the practice and you'll be where you want to be. Welcome!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Feb 2 2011, 01:27 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hey Gary!

Great to have you around! Welcome to GMC!
smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 2 2011, 07:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 2 2011, 09:15 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hi Gary and welcome to GMC. You mentioned you took private lessons when you were younger. And we have that too here. I’m in favor for it since I can move forward at my own pace (which suits me perfects cause of work, band rehearsals and kid’s hockey-, soccer, karate- and jujutsu practice). Just a hint wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2011, 10:16 AM
Instructor
Hi Gary and welcome to GMC... well, you know what I mean ! wink.gif Really cool introduction.. life does get in the way of things sometimes but thankfully we don't let it truly erase or smother our desire to learn something. The video chats are really great and fun, I plan to do more myself. If any of us can be of help any time then just ask. smile.gif

Ben

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 2 2011, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Hi Gary smile.gif Welcome to GMC!
Thanks for sharing your experience. One of my students plays with a LP Aria and it's a very nice guitar with a smooth action.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 2 2011, 11:01 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Gary, excellent Intro! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 2 2011, 11:21 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Welcome Gary, great intro post, now your a full member you have even further access to more cool features & lessons, but it shows that GMC still provides a lot of content for free

great stuff and welcome again! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Nava
Feb 2 2011, 07:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi! Great intro and sounds just like me biggrin.gif
Its a blast here and as I also struggled about a year before I joined...Silly me wink.gif
Great to have you here!

//Thomas

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Feb 2 2011, 08:35 PM
Instructor
Welcome Gary, great to have you with us! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 3 2011, 11:11 PM
Instructor
welcome to GMC!

smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2011, 01:51 AM
Welcome Gary! smile.gif Todd here. Thrilled to see you get a full membership and join the community here. I LOVE it here. I really think this is guitar Valhalla! Glad you have enjoyed the video chat lessons as well smile.gif I look forward to seeing you there now that you can type back! See you Sat!

Practice!

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2011, 12:45 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man. Have fun here, and if you have any questions, let us know please! smile.gif

I believe that video chats are great with Todd and Daniel, they are both amazing teachers in chat. I share your enthusiasm for video chats, and think video chat is going to become more often, it's just the question in what period of current year. Shift to live video lessons is a bit slow because of the general connection speeds, but those problems are slowly becoming smaller and smaller as internet speeds up.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Feb 26 2011, 12:47 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2011, 12:58 AM
Hey Blister smile.gif Todd here. Glad you could make it to Video Chat smile.gif I hope you can make it again! Just wanted to say welcome again now that I've seen your post smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:44 AM