Michael Kelly Patriot Vintage
Epletard
Nov 29 2011, 09:46 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I am considering to buy an Michael kelly Patroit vintage, but im unsure about the clean sound on this guitar.. Do you know anything about this guitar i should know? Im thinking of this guitar or an Epiphone Les paul - Ebony... what do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 29 2011, 11:32 PM
Instructor
I once tried the old model, too aggressive for my taste! I recommend that you try it personally, don't rely on a online recommendations !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 29 2011, 11:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
If you have the money for an Epiphone then add a few bucks and get a used Gibson Les Paul Studio. It's a professional guitar that can last you a lifetime and the best sounding guitar you can get for that much money.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2011, 12:38 AM
Instructor
I tried one once I really like it however I agree that you should try it before buying it....

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2011, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Hey Epletard, sorry about the late reply on this one..

I personally have no knowledge of those guitars at all so I would listen to the guys' advice here, they know what they're talking about smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2011, 09:58 PM
Instructor
I would recommend like Zakk suggested. I understand that your budget is limited, but it's worth to save an extra hundred and get yourself a Gibson LP Studio guitar. You won't regret it, and it will last you a lot more then any of these two.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2011, 02:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 29 2011, 07:54 PM) *
If you have the money for an Epiphone then add a few bucks and get a used Gibson Les Paul Studio. It's a professional guitar that can last you a lifetime and the best sounding guitar you can get for that much money.

It's true.. I love mine!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2011, 03:17 AM
Great advice here. You should ALWAYS try before you buy. It's so worth it, even when it's a hassle.

Also, they are dead right about the Les Paul. The kelly is also a very nice axe, it's just not a les paul. It's a great take on a les paul. Go and play both. That should help you choose. I have to agree with the guys, I'd say go Gibson given the choice.

QUOTE (Epletard @ Nov 29 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Hey, I am considering to buy an Michael kelly Patroit vintage, but im unsure about the clean sound on this guitar.. Do you know anything about this guitar i should know? Im thinking of this guitar or an Epiphone Les paul - Ebony... what do you guys think?

+Quote Post
Epletard
Dec 2 2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys, this was very helpfully smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:15 PM