Help!how Do U Tune The Guitar To Flats With The Black Korg Tuner
ace_frehely
Jul 12 2007, 12:59 AM
GMC:er
im having difficulty tuning to flat!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 12 2007, 01:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
what exactly is your problem with tuning flat?
You have to tune all strings a half step down (E->Eb). Does You Tuner not show you half step pitch?
I thought Korg Tuners have a little button called "flat", so you push it and tune like you did before.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jul 12 2007, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 11 2007, 05:42 PM) *
what exactly is your problem with tuning flat?
You have to tune all strings a half step down (E->Eb). Does You Tuner not show you half step pitch?
I thought Korg Tuners have a little button called "flat", so you push it and tune like you did before.

your korg tuner will show you if you are Eb or E or E# etc. just take your E and tune it half step down and continue down the strings.
I have a korg tuner but I've never played with the buttons on it so It's possible ZakkWylde can be right about that

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Jul 12 2007, 02:06 AM
QUOTE (CrashOops @ Jul 12 2007, 01:57 AM) *
your korg tuner will show you if you are Eb or E or E# etc. just take your E and tune it half step down and continue down the strings.
I have a korg tuner but I've never played with the buttons on it so It's possible ZakkWylde can be right about that

what should the number be on the calib mine is in 440...and it whont read flat on all of the strings

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 12 2007, 02:23 AM
Ive always wondered that to. Whats the difference between 440, and 430??

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Jul 12 2007, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 12 2007, 02:23 AM) *
Ive always wondered that to. Whats the difference between 440, and 430??

i noticed if you put it in 410 and leave it all tuned without being flat or sharp...its flat

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2007, 02:33 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ace_frehely @ Jul 11 2007, 09:24 PM) *
i noticed if you put it in 410 and leave it all tuned without being flat or sharp...its flat

440 os the frequency of an A note for standard tuning - 440hz. If you set it lower your tuner will tune flat, higher and , well you get the picture.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Jul 12 2007, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 12 2007, 02:33 AM) *
440 os the frequency of an A note for standard tuning - 440hz. If you set it lower your tuner will tune flat, higher and , well you get the picture.

oh i see

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 13 2007, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (ace_frehely @ Jul 11 2007, 11:59 PM) *
im having difficulty tuning to flat!!!

Is the the Korg CA-30?

I have that tuner. If you look at the picture on the Amazon page, the note letter's on the upper right side of the display. If you take that A and start tuning down, the 'needle' starts moving to the left. Eventually, the A will change to Ab and the needle will flip to the right side of the meter. Keep tuning down til it sits in the middle position again.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 13 2007, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
With my Korg GA-30 tuner you press the "b" button once. One "b" will be shown in the display. Now you tune as usual i.e hit the E string and when in tune the display will show "E" (not Eb)

Same thing is you want to tune down a full step, you press "b" two times "bb" should be shown in the display.
Hit the E string and when in tune the display will show "E" (not D)

So everytime you should get
E
B
G
D
A
E
no matter how much you tune down.

If that helps, mayby you got another Korg tuner than me.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 13 2007, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:27 AM