3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
DeaTh MetaL!!!!
The Uncreator
May 20 2007, 02:47 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Khaos @ May 18 2007, 05:57 PM) *
Guitar Lessons in the style of : Death, Decapitated, or Necrophagist..Would be awesome..

C'mon GMC teachers. Shreeeed.

Some of there riffs are near impossible, and the solos....pshhh, maybe in 20 years smile.gif
But a lesson would still kick ass rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bjoerne
May 28 2007, 07:08 PM
GMC:er
yees , death metal riffs plz !
at the gates style , love melodic smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 28 2007, 09:17 PM
bodom? Trivium? Hatesphere?, Arch enemy?, dark traquillity?, waking the cadaver......no not so much.. but the first 5 wud be awsome bands to base a lession after.. what instructer wants to take on the challenge biggrin.gif death metal is where it is at.. ...... omg... opeth....opeth is the lession that is needed biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 28 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ May 28 2007, 03:17 PM) *
first 5 wud be awsome bands to base a lession after.. what instructer wants to take on the challenge biggrin.gif death metal is where it is at.. ...... omg... opeth....opeth is the lession that is needed biggrin.gif

your clue that this is incorrect, would be that looking at a death metal audience, seeing what they look like. "where it is at" genres draw a much more attractive audience. There are elements of interest, I realize that. The lyrics are a joke, sophomoric, seemingly based on those who have derived an education in mythology based primarily in late night television viewing. And the vocals are a laugh to 99.9% of anyone who has heard those. And quite honestly, most of the songs sound pretty much the same to 99.9% of those who might hear them. But as I said, there are some musical elements of interest. I would like to see the elements of musical interest explained, preferably by one of the non-initiated, such as Kris or Pavel.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 29 2007, 02:42 PM
It depends on the person like all music, when it comes to the growling and them sounding the same, the person saying they all sound the same isn't hearing what im haering. by vocals alone, i can tell many Death metal bands apart. and the lyrical aspect, i admit, the gore thing might seem a bit "out there", but mostly its just a tradition thing and there arent meant to be taking seriously.
But there are MANY Death metal bands who put alot of thought into there lyrics, that arent gore-based... Opeth, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Nile, and Death to name very few bands.

Death Metal is full of superb musicians, who have talents many people will never know of, but to those who are there to witness there talent, and what they create with it, the memory lasts forever.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 29 2007, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 29 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Death Metal is full of superb musicians, who have talents many people will never know of, but to those who are there to witness there talent, and what they create with it, the memory lasts forever.

Agreed. Death metal ain't really my thing, but some of the bands do some amazing guitar work. It's amazing to me to watch someone like CC play what they play as fast as they do.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
stratman33
May 31 2007, 02:56 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 29 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Agreed. Death metal ain't really my thing, but some of the bands do some amazing guitar work. It's amazing to me to watch someone like CC play what they play as fast as they do.

I agree with you, and i cant believe this thread still has new posts(it was started like october 2006)!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Khaos
May 31 2007, 08:27 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 20 2007, 02:47 AM) *
Some of there riffs are near impossible, and the solos....pshhh, maybe in 20 years smile.gif
But a lesson would still kick ass rolleyes.gif

Ah man, don't take that attitude towards it.

Get started now and I bet you can nail the Fermented Offal Discharge solo by.. A few months?

Best way to improve is practice what's challenging ! dry.gif

--------------------
Current Gear:
  • 1990 Jackson USA SL1 (Soloist) w/ SnakeSkin Finish
  • Peavey 5150

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 31 2007, 10:39 PM
Well of course man!

I actually know the entire Fermented Offal Discharge Solo, but, not up to speed of course, i play it over abd over for about 45 - 60 minutes a day and that keeps my legato, tapping, and sweeps more than up to par biggrin.gif

I was just stressin' how challengin and technical they are smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Jun 3 2007, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Anybody heard of Extol?

Their early stuff pumped out some of the coolest death metal I've ever heard. Although their recent stuff is boring as many crucial members left. But yeah, they're an awesome Christian death metal band. The album "Undeceived" is totally amazing.

Sean

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 3 2007, 02:12 PM
Ah yes, ive heard of them, i havent heard to much, maybe only one album, but what i did hear was pretty damn cool

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
Jun 3 2007, 07:52 PM
Instructor
Yeah definitely check out the album "Undeceived" if you can. It's far superior to all their other stuff in my opinion. "Burial" is probably the runner-up to that.

+Quote Post
Khaos
Jun 15 2007, 06:25 AM
QUOTE (Sean Conklin @ Jun 3 2007, 10:45 AM) *
Anybody heard of Extol?

Their early stuff pumped out some of the coolest death metal I've ever heard. Although their recent stuff is boring as many crucial members left. But yeah, they're an awesome Christian death metal band. The album "Undeceived" is totally amazing.

Sean

Christian Death Metal? ohmy.gif

I'm assuming they have down tuned guitars, brutal vox, but sing about God?

What a combinatio. blink.gif

--------------------
Current Gear:
  • 1990 Jackson USA SL1 (Soloist) w/ SnakeSkin Finish
  • Peavey 5150

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 15 2007, 02:32 PM
Becoming The Archetype due that as well. and there lyrics actually kick ass. and of course, the riffage and solos are awesome.

+Quote Post
pitbull666
Jun 15 2007, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 15 2007, 03:32 PM) *
Becoming The Archetype due that as well. and there lyrics actually kick ass. and of course, the riffage and solos are awesome.

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

I think, that Christian Death Metal, is... Bullshit..
The musik can be cool.. i'd never heard it...
The lyrics.. of course they can be cool and strong...

But simple.. my favorit statement.. KEEP IT REAL. ( Henry Rollins )
Making a Gospel song about satan and burning crosses, is wrong..
It's the same here.. Death metal, and Jesus.. IS WRONG... biggrin.gif

Talking about playing guitar... Steal everything.... And create your own style.
Thats what it's all about.. Don't you aggree....?

jakob

This post has been edited by pitbull666: Jun 15 2007, 04:19 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 PM