Scorpions - 9/29/07
Rock
Oct 3 2007, 08:32 AM
GMC:er
I had the pleasure of seeing the Scorpions the other night at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, MA. This is the second time I've seen them in concert. First time was back in 88 for the Monsters of Rock tour. I have to say, these guys still rock! At 59 years of age, Klaus and Rudolph have more energy than most 20 year olds.

The show started with a backup band called "3" who warmed up the audience for about 25 minutes. Not bad, pretty rockin band with two very good drummers. Then with not much delay, the Scorpions came out and brought the house down. Here is the set list:

Hour 1
Bad Boys Running Wild
Love 'Em or Leave 'Em
The Zoo
Deep & Dark
Coast to Coast
Send Me An Angel (Acoustic)
Holiday (Acoustic until the end)
Humanity
Make It Real
I'm Leaving You
Tease Me, Please Me
3-2-1
Kottak Attack/Bass Solo
Blackout
Big City Nights
Dynamite
-------------
Still Loving You
No One Like You
Rock You Like a Hurricane
When the Smoke is Going Down

They played for 2 1/2 hours with no breaks other than during the bass and drum solo. I haven't listened to the Scorpions too much over the past few years, but this show brought back some great memories and was well worth the money. Klaus Meine was sounded in top form and Schenker and Jabs were just awesome. The guys are better than I remember. Bass player, Pawel Maciwoda, was excellent as well and played a cool solo. The drummer James Kottak is a crazy man, jumping all over his kit and running all over the stage. They really got the crowd into this show. The Orpheum is a fairly small theatre, maybe 3 - 4 thousand, not sure with very good acoustics so they were very close to everyone. We were about 10 rows back and were in a great spot for sight and sound.

I took my son Nick who is 12 years old since my buddy backed out last minute. It was his first concert and he had a blast. During 'The Zoo', Klaus threw out a few drumsticks and one landed behind us and rolled right to my sons feet. At my age, I can't see crap when I look down. He spotted it right away and came up with it. Cool! I've been going to shows for 30 years and never managed to get a drum stick. Toward the end of the show he asked if he could go into the aisle closer to the stage in case they toss out guitar picks. Well, the little shit was all over the place and end up with two Rudolph Schenker picks and a Matthias Jabs pick. Sweet! I had more fun watching him at that point. Of course, I could not leave without at least one souvenir and managed to snag a drum stick toward the end of the show. Great concert, lots of fun, excellent guitars, really rockin!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 3 2007, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Nice review. I wish I could get my son to go to a rock show with me, but he just doesn't get it yet. If Dad likes it, it's no good. I see signs of progress every now and then.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Rock
Oct 5 2007, 01:07 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kahall @ Oct 3 2007, 06:46 AM) *
Nice review. I wish I could get my son to go to a rock show with me, but he just doesn't get it yet. If Dad likes it, it's no good. I see signs of progress every now and then.

I just took my other son to see Steve Vai tonight in Boston at the Berklee. Great show!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:55 AM