Hello There
Pantalaimon
Jun 23 2007, 11:15 PM
GMC:er
Hey there everyone at GMC!

My name is Joseph, I'm 17 years old and I live in the United States (Austin, TX to be exact). I have been playing guitar seriously for about 8 months now. I actually found this site by accident while googling "guitar theory lessons." I was quite intrigued by the free lessons and Kris's intro video (which was very inviting I might add). I knew I could learn a lot from the lessons here.

But what really made me join was Kris's little story in that one section of the site, where he tells of a friend he had that was better than him. You see, it has this creepy continuity with my own situation - I used to be in a band as a vocalist last year, and I wrote the lyrics and the vocal melodies while my guitarist basically wrote all the music. When I quit the band I decided to get serious about guitar so that I could write my own songs. My old guitarist is still a good friend of mine, and I want so badly to be as good as him - he has just this uncanny ability to see the fretboard and rip out solos and hooks and riffs like they're nothing. I want that. That's why I joined GMC.

I hope to learn a lot here. This website fits me well, as I have lots of time to play guitar in my room (where my computer is also very conveniently placed).

I look forward to meeting you all, and increasing my guitar skill.

~Joe smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Pantalaimon   Hello There   Jun 23 2007, 11:15 PM
- - Pavel   Welcome man!! I think we have 20 members ...   Jun 23 2007, 11:25 PM
- - FretDancer69   welcome dude, we are very glad to have you here   Jun 24 2007, 05:01 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:55 AM