3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Announcement: Gmc Community Section
Col Roberts
Jun 3 2008, 01:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Rokchik,
I posted a topic on Kris's page about a poll/survey on lessons that are lacking or missing in GMC. Kris agreed that a poll was long overdue. The problem is that there has hardly been any response and I want to give this topic more prominence as it can potentially benefit this great site. The topic is titled "Review of GMC Lessons?". Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 4 2008, 02:23 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hi Everybody smile.gif

Todays topics are published on the main page. Todays picks are a thread started by ActiveX, RIP Bo Diddley on the death of the great bluesman who passed away at age 79 a couple days ago. A huge loss to the music world that's for sure. Also published is an update from bmh1109 on his Rack system build, some nice pics included of his gear.

Congrats guys!

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 5 2008, 02:35 PM
The Dark Canuck
Today's published topics on the main page are a great wiki from Kaznie NL on John Frusciante and another great blog entry from Andrew in his quest to build a home studio. His latest article contains some thoughts on cabling.

Great work guys smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 5 2008, 02:38 PM
GMC:er
I've seen kaznie's article and it's great. I'm going to read Andrew's blog now as it is always informative smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 6 2008, 04:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
I'm a bit late posting this today... work is such a drag sometimes tongue.gif But todays topics are now on the main page. For today we have a wonderful SI Lesson from Smells in the style of Vivian Campbell and in the continuing saga of Andrew's Studio build an entry on the Vocal area.

Congrats guys and great work smile.gif

rok

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jun 6 2008, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 6 2008, 06:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
biggrin.gif cool thanks for the feature Rok smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 6 2008, 09:08 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
This site just continues to grow and grow getting better and better, I am so glad to be a part of it.

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 7 2008, 04:42 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hello GMC'ers smile.gif

Well I'm just about to head out to the airport but my last order of business is to let you all know that todays topics are now on the main page. Today we have some great topics on our fabulous instructors Juan and Muris. Juan has released his album Melodic Fantasy:Earlier Compositions for free download via his myspace page, check it out as it is amazing. I downloaded it last night smile.gif And also a great thread from Smells wondering how many GMC'ers are going to cheer on our Muris in the Guitar idol finals on the 14th of June.

Great stuff guys smile.gif

This is my last day doing this but I'd like to announce that Andrew is going to be publishing threads for this week, so if you have any suggestions for him add them to this thread or send him a PM. I've had a great time this past week reading through all the threads and I must say Andrew, it's tough to pick because GMC has great things going on.

GMC so Rocks!!!!!!!

See you all when I get back.

rok

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 7 2008, 07:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey guys, what about a widget of some sort with random member testimonials. We could keep them brief and to the point to let potential members see how joining GMC has improved our playing, or just some personal thoughts on how great this place is? Just an idea..... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 7 2008, 08:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 7 2008, 08:26 PM) *
Hey guys, what about a widget of some sort with random member testimonials. We could keep them brief and to the point to let potential members see how joining GMC has improved our playing, or just some personal thoughts on how great this place is? Just an idea..... smile.gif

This is a very good idea smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2008, 03:29 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi all! This week its my watch - thanks to Rokchik for kicking this off and doingf a superb job!

Ok, todays community news is:

The GMC Cover Song competition - a new mini competition, if it goes well we will probably make this a regular feature!

All Change - the latest entry in my rambling and impenetrable Studio Blog smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 8 2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Very cool and informative section. Main page looks very professional to me now! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 9 2008, 01:44 PM
Ok, today we have:

Keyboard advice for The Uncreator - Good example of GMC answering questions and helping a member in distress!

Anuj gets some advice on warmup and injury prevention - always good to highlight this every now and again!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 9 2008, 03:48 PM
Instructor
I have a question regarding main page news - does the news refresh every day? To me it seems kind of quick, maybe 2 days would be cool. But that's just me... smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 9 2008, 04:06 PM
Every day is the current plan yes smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 10 2008, 11:23 PM
Phew, a little late today, but:

For Tuesday:

Sam Hook gets some advice on Downpicking

The Uncreator pens a new set of lyrics : He Who Marks the Fall of the Gods

That last is a great illustration of the varied activities that go on at GMC!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 11 2008, 12:20 PM
Wednesday's Picks:

Kaznie_NL writes an awesome Wiki article on the Korg AX5G Effects Processor

Fkalich advises Gilmore on Les Pauls

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 12 2008, 02:20 PM
Today's topics are:

Andrew's Latest Blog Entry - A Studio Needs a Soul

Excitement builds as Smells prepares to reveal Pictures of his Custom Guitar

(The above is an old thread but with new developments!)

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 14 2008, 12:37 PM
Hi All!

I'm a little behind because of my studio build, but here are yesterdays and todays picks!

For Friday:

Skennington gets some advice on Microphone Selection

Rain takes advice on developing his own style

Saturday's Picks:

Antipolitik uploads a couple of his songs

Frans's Wiki on Placebo

Now, my time here is done, and I proudly pass the baton on to tonnymirro who will be bringing you quality community announcements for the next week smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 14 2008, 02:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Cheers Andrew smile.gif .

Any suggestions for a news item, drop me a pm cool.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:52 PM