6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Blind Guardian
Jeff
May 1 2008, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 30 2008, 07:28 AM) *
But yeah, I sometimes bang my head a bit and sing along... well, I song along in my car, when I am alone and nobody can hear me tongue.gif

Yeah, me too. Except when I'm at a red light and someone is looking at me in the next car over. Sometimes I laugh at myself when that happens! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gus
May 7 2008, 12:48 AM
I have to admit I did not know Blind Guardian before Marcus become GMC instructor. But the more I hear, the more I like it.

Looking forward to see they playing here. Or maybe I just rent a car and go to Germany...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: May 7 2008, 12:48 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Mackietao
May 7 2008, 05:19 AM
Too bad it´s rare that good acts plays in the north of sweden. It´s not that fun to have to travel 110 km for a single concert every time (stockholm). Ey Marcus.. So when are you coming back to Umeå, Sweden? I remember Hansi screaming out something about the audience being awsome and "we will be back... And I´m not someone that breaks promises" =) Or perhaps he just meant sweden tongue.gif Going to listen to Imaginations from the other side, Somewhere far beyond and NIghtfall in middle earth today at work.. My very favourite records smile.gif

Keep on rocking!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 10:44 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
The show in Umea was fun, so we might be back next tour, who knows wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
superize
May 8 2008, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 11:44 AM) *
The show in Umea was fun, so we might be back next tour, who knows wink.gif

If you will i am going to get there

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 05:37 PM
We will come back to Sweden for sure, but for exacte dates or cities it is a bit to early now wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 8 2008, 06:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Don't forget Florida smile.gif

I saw you guys back on the "A Night At The Opera" tour, fantastic show!!!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 07:21 PM
That was Fort Lauderdale, right? awesome show smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Harlequin
May 8 2008, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 08:21 PM) *

And a nice video-bootleg biggrin.gif

Fan: "Why didn't you play Lost in the twilight hall????"
Marcus: "Why should we?" biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Harlequin: May 8 2008, 07:30 PM

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
Canis
May 8 2008, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hope you're coming to Norway soon biggrin.gif But not to Rockefeller in Oslo, or atleast not until August, since Rockefeller have +18 year only policy... I couldn't see Sonata Arctica last year because of that... But in August that wont be a problem for me anymore biggrin.gif
No matter where in the country you come.. I'll be there =D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 9 2008, 11:43 AM
QUOTE (Harlequin @ May 8 2008, 08:30 PM) *
And a nice video-bootleg biggrin.gif

Fan: "Why didn't you play Lost in the twilight hall????"
Marcus: "Why should we?" biggrin.gif

Lol, what is wrong about my answer, we have more songs than only that one tongue.gif It is just boring to play the same ones over and over again, so we change the set a bit each night, and in that night Lost was not in the set, bad luck wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Harlequin
May 9 2008, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 9 2008, 12:43 PM) *
Lol, what is wrong about my answer, we have more songs than only that one tongue.gif It is just boring to play the same ones over and over again, so we change the set a bit each night, and in that night Lost was not in the set, bad luck wink.gif

There`s nothing wrong about it, but I really like that answer in that situation wink.gif

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 9 2008, 03:09 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 10:21 AM) *

Yes it was smile.gif

Amazing show indeed, I drove all the way out there just for that, and man it was worth it!!

+Quote Post
Guillaume
May 11 2008, 08:15 PM

Great look Marcus tongue.gif

http://www.gamona.de/pc/screenshot/detail/id-638270.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 12 2008, 01:56 PM
Nice wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 12 2008, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 9 2008, 11:43 AM) *

I'm glad you said this Marcus. I think bands that change their set every night are a lot more exciting and more likely to get people wanting to go more than one night of the tour. I love it when bands change their set around and you don't know what to expect. Pearl Jam played 3 night in Boston and only repeated one song and played 105 songs in total. That is what I like to see smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 13 2008, 09:10 PM
105 songs in 3 days???? blink.gif Thats impressive, I have to admit that we are not that flexible wink.gif Normally we play around 20 songs in a regular show, and for the last tour we rehearsed about 35 songs, so the normal thing would be to change like 3 or 4 songs per night.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 13 2008, 09:14 PM
They did 3 hours every night and a few songs were a bit messy but they managed it and it was awesome. Your songs are a bit more complex than Pearl Jams but I enjoy both equally.

Changing 3 or 4 songs a night is nice I think. Keeps people that see you twice on same tour interested and the people who only see you once wont be too annoyed that you took all the songs they wanted to hear out.

I'm definitely catching Blind Guardian on the tour if you come anywhere near Nottingham, UK. Play Rock City again please biggrin.gif I think you've played there before?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 13 2008, 11:16 PM
I think Blind Guardian needs to tour in Detroit this year or maybe next year. I missed you guys in 07, so it would be nice to see you guys play again here smile.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 10:07 AM
Changing those 3 or 4 songs is not only to please our fans, it is also to please ourselves wink.gif Playing the very same set for 18 months would be VERY boring afzer a while wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:13 PM