80's Metal Collab Finished
David Wallimann
Feb 26 2008, 04:29 PM
Instructor
It's finally there! I finally mixed your leads on the 80's metal collab.
You guys rock. I was really impressed with all of your efforts. Each one of you brought to this a unique touch. Here are some thoughts on what I heard.
I recommend that you listen to these and pick from each one of the leads an element that is appealing to you and work on that in your own music.
Thanks again guys!
You rock!

Attached File  Finished.mp3 ( 8.74MB ) Number of downloads: 251

USAMAN
I love the way you built your lead there. Great mix of technical challenging parts and nice melodic feels. I love your left hand vibrato. It's not too exagerated and very controled. Great chops!

Botox
I was quite impressed with your take there! Very Van Halen-esque and totally appropriate for this collab. You have a very strong entry here. Excellent job!

Coffeeman
Your lead is quite unique here, I love your choice of notes. It works great! Nice bend control in there. Some cool bluesy ideas make this very heartfelt. Great collab!

FatbOt
I like the beggining of your lead. Nice arpeggio ideas that give this a cool melodic touch. The second part is well played and the development your exposed is cleverly built.

Iluha
Your lead on this is pretty emotional. The beggining has a great feeling with its bends. I think the last lick is brilliant.
Very well constructed!

Preowneguitar
The choice of notes you used is pertinant and well thought. I like the rhythm flow you gave to this. I like your use of bends
at the end of your lead. It closes up your take nicely.

SB81
I love the first few notes of your lead. Your entrance in this is memorable. What I mean here is that you exposed an opening that the listeners remembers. That's something to remember when building a lead a lead. Great job!

Smells
Wow, what a great lead we have here! A perfect mix of melodic control and technical challenging parts. You managed to build something very special here. Congrats! I love the last sweep, very appropriate.

StevieRayVaughan
Strong melodies here my friend! That's th type of lead that people remember. Great builing, your lead tells a story. Your
lead here fits your nickname perfectly Mister Vaughan. Keep it up!

Tjchep
Nice vibrato control in here! Your vibrato tecnique is quite unique and gives each note a very heartfelt feel. Is that left
hand vibrato? Great lead and great phrasing!

Twibeard
I love what I heard here! I really dig the question/response kind of thing you did at the beggining. The choice of sound is
also interesting. Memorable lead there! Great job!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Wallimann: Feb 26 2008, 04:50 PM

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 26 2008, 04:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Woo excellent cant wait to get home and have a listen to this biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 26 2008, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Was a great collab! smile.gif thanks Walliman!
But I got two notes about the mix... I think you accidently forgot to include USAMAN's take, and you started my take a bit too late so it sounds very off tempo.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 26 2008, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Great Collab everyone lots of interesting solos.

I don't know if is me suffering from a bad head cold but I found it difficult to distinguish between some of the solos where they end and the next one starts, unless the sound is markedly different. I hate to be picky sad.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 26 2008, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Feb 26 2008, 10:48 AM) *
Great Collab everyone lots of interesting solos.

I don't know if is me suffering from a bad head cold but I found it difficult to distinguish between some of the solos where they end and the next one starts, unless the sound is markedly different. I hate to be picky sad.gif

It is quite difficult to distinguish.. You guys all used the same kind of sound. But that's cool...
Iluha, I fixed your lead. :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 26 2008, 04:59 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Awesome job guys- some breathaking leads there smile.gif could listen to it all day tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 26 2008, 05:08 PM
Thank David much better now biggrin.gif

Now I listend to the enitre thing.. man.. so many great solos in one collab.. some bring a tear of joy to my eyes wub.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 26 2008, 05:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks David for that beautiful BT, and congrats to everyone.

Smells, why aren't you an instructor ?

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 26 2008, 08:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Those were all good!

Iluha: very very nice!!

Smells: you realy got even better! Nice sweep.

USAMAN: cool intro!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 26 2008, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 26 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Smells, why aren't you an instructor ?

woah!! cool collab , great takes from everyone there, loved it!

Coffeeman, I`m not sure why you say that, I have much to learn and improve upon myself, but thanks mate smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 26 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, its left hand, dont like whammy bar vibrato. Only on chords somtimes.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 26 2008, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great collab David! smile.gif I loved the backing track. Thanks for the comments too ! smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Feb 27 2008, 12:00 AM
Great takes everyone. This is the best one yet. I think that everyone did a spectacular job.
Thanks for a great backing track and the time you spent mixing it up.
Peace.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Feb 27 2008, 12:01 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Feb 26 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Was a great collab! smile.gif thanks Walliman!
But I got two notes about the mix... I think you accidently forgot to include USAMAN's take, and you started my take a bit too late so it sounds very off tempo.

Thanks for looking out for me bro!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 27 2008, 09:05 AM
Nice takes everyone. Good stuff as always USAMAN and Smells. Thanks David.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 29 2008, 04:56 PM
Instructor
You guys rock!!!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:47 AM