> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Sami - Slow Rock Guitar Solo
Sami
Jun 14 2009, 05:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Slow Rock Guitar Solo By Jose Mena
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/slow-rock-guitar-solo/

Ibanez RGR320EX-->Boss gt-8-->M-audio fast track-->macbook pro

I learned this solo about an hour ago by ear and thought i would put up my take on it so far. I notice some timing and bending things that need work on, i hope it isnt too bad over all though!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 16 2009, 03:54 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2009, 05:52 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 4.5
Feel 4
Posture 4.5
Sound 4.5

Great take! As you noticed you have to work a bit the timming, vibrato and bending.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 14 2009, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 4.2
Feel 4
Posture 4.1
Sound 4

Nice take man, everything sounds cool, just some work on those bends to really nail them down sharply.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2009, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 3.5
Cleanness 5
Feel 4
Posture 5
Sound 4

nice take man! just pay attention on timing. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Jun 16 2009, 03:43 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 4.5
Feel 4.5
Posture 4.1
Sound 3.5

Hey Sami, you did an overall good take, timing is a little of from mine which is OK you can play this your own way but sometimes doesn't feel natural, however your take gave me ideas on how to time this solo differently and give certain phrases a different feel.

Clean and accurate take, the guitar sound is my lowest, it sounds a little harsh metal like but with little gain, for this solo I'd lower the presence a bit

Good Job

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Jun 16 2009, 03:44 AM

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 16 2009, 03:50 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
83.9% Sami, good job! (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:31 AM