My New Track Monolith Is Finished!, Ft. Bryce Goertzen, Charlie Parra and Eric Calderone
Socky42
May 24 2015, 02:24 PM
GMC:er

Some of you have already heard parts of this but it's finally finished! Been watching these guys' videos for years, so it's an honour to be able to have them in one of mine. It started out as a song but I think it ended up closer to a couple of guys soloing over a jam track. laugh.gif

Tabs to the solo at 2:20 - http://full.sc/1Fzj7W3 (.gp5 and .pdf.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Socky42: May 25 2015, 10:08 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
May 25 2015, 04:43 PM
Experienced Rock Star
The soloing is awesome of course, but I think the songwriting is impressive too, with an inventive melody!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Socky42
May 25 2015, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ May 25 2015, 04:43 PM) *
The soloing is awesome of course, but I think the songwriting is impressive too, with an inventive melody!

Thanks for listening man! Glad you liked it.

And I've added the tabs for my main solo if anyone wants them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2015, 11:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey man - I love your compositions! smile.gif
This is really high quality and extremely catchy stuff. Also great video and audio production to match the song quality.
To be honest it doesn't sound like a big jam to me rather a coherent song, the backing is very catchy. This is great as there is a big deal of soloing involved and collab type of stuff can easily turn into "just a jam".

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 26 2015, 08:12 AM
GMC Founder
Yeah!! Awesome energy throughout the whole track - and lots of great guitar work.

Socky I really like how your playing is evolving, the sky is the limit!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 26 2015, 02:22 PM
Tone Seeker
Congrats! Súper pro stuff!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2015, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Wou! The final work of this is killer! I love how this one evolved and finally turn out! Your playing is very personal and fresh and all the other guitarists there did a very good job. Congratulations everybody!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
May 27 2015, 05:30 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 25 2015, 11:12 PM) *
Hey man - I love your compositions! smile.gif
This is really high quality and extremely catchy stuff. Also great video and audio production to match the song quality.
To be honest it doesn't sound like a big jam to me rather a coherent song, the backing is very catchy. This is great as there is a big deal of soloing involved and collab type of stuff can easily turn into "just a jam".

Well if you say so, I'll take your word for it! After rewatching, there are some little things in the mixing and video editing i'd change but nothing I can do about it now. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 26 2015, 08:12 AM) *
Yeah!! Awesome energy throughout the whole track - and lots of great guitar work.

Socky I really like how your playing is evolving, the sky is the limit!

Thanks Kris! Really not sure where to take it from here; got a couple of covers/guitar remixes in the works so I'll probably focus on that for the time being. Definitely noticed it's a lot easier to get people to watch covers compared to any original songs.

QUOTE (Huargo @ May 26 2015, 02:22 PM) *
Congrats! Súper pro stuff!!!

Thanks my man!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 26 2015, 04:15 PM) *
Wou! The final work of this is killer! I love how this one evolved and finally turn out! Your playing is very personal and fresh and all the other guitarists there did a very good job. Congratulations everybody!!

Yeah, I think I'm finally starting to form my own style of soloing. Just need to work on improvising solos in that style rather than slowly writing them 1 note at a time. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:13 PM