2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Book Are You Reading?
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2012, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! In this thread I would like to recommend the book that I'm currently reading... it's called Catching the big fish by David Lynch and it's very inspirational.. it's about meditation, conciousness and creativity. I've never meditated but this book is giving me a lot of interest in doing it... have you ever done transcendental meditation?
Here you can find the book and some reviews....

Catching the big fish

What book are you reading nowadays?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor
I'm currently reading a fiction book called N is for Noose by Sue Grafton about a private detective. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2012, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 8 2012, 12:20 PM) *
I'm currently reading a fiction book called N is for Noose by Sue Grafton about a private detective. smile.gif

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
I'm dealing with the 5th book in the 'A song of ice and fire' series biggrin.gif I am TOTALLY INTO IT!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 8 2012, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
Currently reading 2 John Grisham books and 'Paperwight' by Stephen Fry.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 8 2012, 10:27 PM
Instructor
I would like, but these days I don't have time to read sad.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 8 2012, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The first Harry potter book

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 9 2012, 03:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Curse of the Spider King. About to finish it.
http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2012, 09:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 9 2012, 02:29 AM) *
Curse of the Spider King. About to finish it.
http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/

Uh! Sounds epic! biggrin.gif Have you tried 'A song of ice and fire'?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Yesterday I received "El eternauta", a very famous comic book made in Argentina...

Check it out guys!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Eternauta

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 9 2012, 05:29 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2012, 02:09 AM) *
Uh! Sounds epic! biggrin.gif Have you tried 'A song of ice and fire'?

It is. The main characters are 13 year olds - but that's okay because I'm a kid at heart. Actually I mispoke. I'm actually on the second book, Venom and Song. They are writing the third book.

Looked up A song of ice and fire. Haven't heard of this author. It looks like he a dark author. I enjoy a more joyful read though. I read a little of this on Wikipedia.

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Feb 10 2012, 05:39 AM
GMC:er
Philosophy for intermediates....yes, i am a weird guy and like philosophy

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Feb 10 2012, 01:39 AM) *
Philosophy for intermediates....yes, i am a weird guy and like philosophy

not weird! just curious! that's very interesting... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 9 2012, 04:29 PM) *
It is. The main characters are 13 year olds - but that's okay because I'm a kid at heart. Actually I mispoke. I'm actually on the second book, Venom and Song. They are writing the third book.

Looked up A song of ice and fire. Haven't heard of this author. It looks like he a dark author. I enjoy a more joyful read though. I read a little of this on Wikipedia.

The books from 'A song of ice and fire' are very visceral at points and describe some less joyful things, but I find them intense and the action is incredibly interesting - totally unpredictable biggrin.gif So if you have the time and mood, give them a try. You won't be able to let from your hand till you finish biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2012, 08:02 AM) *
The books from 'A song of ice and fire' are very visceral at points and describe some less joyful things, but I find them intense and the action is incredibly interesting - totally unpredictable biggrin.gif So if you have the time and mood, give them a try. You won't be able to let from your hand till you finish biggrin.gif

Yes, I believe that, in life, we need to visit both sides of the coin in order to be able to fully appreciate the world smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Feb 10 2012, 10:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
Alongside my first semester medicine syllabus, I just finished "Why I am so Wise" by Nietzsche and "Manual of the Warrior of Light" by Paulo Coelho, both on the same day (I had a day off). I'm now reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche, but will probably start and finish reading "Confessions of a Conjuror" by Derren Brown before I'm done with Nietzsche.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2012, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Alongside my first semester medicine syllabus, I just finished "Why I am so Wise" by Nietzsche and "Manual of the Warrior of Light" by Paulo Coelho, both on the same day (I had a day off). I'm now reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche, but will probably start and finish reading "Confessions of a Conjuror" by Derren Brown before I'm done with Nietzsche.

Derren Brown is classic.. I love his quirky humour.

What's the Coelho book like ? I've only read The Alchemist. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Feb 10 2012, 10:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 10 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Derren Brown is classic.. I love his quirky humour.

What's the Coelho book like ? I've only read The Alchemist. smile.gif

I had also only read the Alchemist, but wanted to read another book by him. The book is basically a kind of list containing all of Coelho's teachings. It's sort of a guide to becoming a better person etc.

Also I ordered Derren Brown's book from Amazon yesterday, and am waiting for "Tricks of the Mind" hardcover to reach a reasonable price!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:53 AM) *
I had also only read the Alchemist, but wanted to read another book by him. The book is basically a kind of list containing all of Coelho's teachings. It's sort of a guide to becoming a better person etc.

Also I ordered Derren Brown's book from Amazon yesterday, and am waiting for "Tricks of the Mind" hardcover to reach a reasonable price!

Cool, sounds good.

Yes.. Tricks of the Mind is the one I've read. There's a great bit about him running down the stairs and leaving his flat to go outside ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 10 2012, 11:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm going through a Karin Slaughter faze at the moment, and also reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice, make a nice contrast from my daily bible study laugh.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:45 PM