New Guitar, I need your advice :D
Nielzsz
Nov 29 2010, 10:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Heyy there GMC,

Im saving for a new guitar and I want your opinion on guitars.
Oke, here are the things that I would like,

A Ibanez
If you all are positief about it, a RG prestige smile.gif
or any other prestige.

A guitar whit a Edge pro trem. I looked it up and it looks like this is the best right now, all other edges kinda sucks, really want your opinion about that one.

price doesnt really matter, but the cheaper the better wink.gif if the quality it good ah.

If you people no any other great guitars that you want to share whit me, feel free to do!
But the most important is, that it has to be a intermediate to higher guitar. biggrin.gif

Cheers !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 29 2010, 11:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
If you get any guitar with a Floyd Rose, make sure it is an original one, and not a licensed copy. There are a handful of licensed ones that are okay, but they're still not as good as the original. If you already have a guitar with a floating trem, I recommend getting a hard tail, simply because hard tails are way more versatile when it comes to changing tunings.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 29 2010, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Edge-Zero bridge is great too. That's what top of the line Ibanez guitars equip since a couple years back at least. I don't know if edge pro is better, but edge zero is good.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2010, 12:36 AM
GMC:er
Todd here wink.gif Any Ibanez Prestige would be a good choice. I've yet to play a prestige that I didnt' like. The necks are thin and fast, the action is great, and the pickups sound good. On many cheaper Ibanez models, you pretty much need to swap the pickups out as soon as you get the guitar.

As for other options, Schecter makes some really nice guitars but they do feel different than the Ibanez models. So make sure you play whatever you are thinking about buying for at least a bit before buying. Never buy a guitar without putting your hands on it and hearing it through an amp that sounds like what you have at home.

Join Me Saturday @ GMC
Video Chat Lesson
5:00PmEst 11:00PMCEST
Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2010, 02:48 AM
Instructor
You won't make a mistake with that guitar, but as Todd said, you simply have to try it and see if it works for you. If it does, get it! smile.gif Tell us how the shopping went! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Nov 30 2010, 10:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 29 2010, 11:33 PM) *
If you get any guitar with a Floyd Rose, make sure it is an original one, and not a licensed copy. There are a handful of licensed ones that are okay, but they're still not as good as the original. If you already have a guitar with a floating trem, I recommend getting a hard tail, simply because hard tails are way more versatile when it comes to changing tunings.

Ah, great advice, thank you biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Nov 29 2010, 11:59 PM) *
Edge-Zero bridge is great too. That's what top of the line Ibanez guitars equip since a couple years back at least. I don't know if edge pro is better, but edge zero is good.

Ive read about the edge zero too, but its hard to find good feedback. Much people are hating on everyting they see on the internet...
This is the only site where it doenst happen"s wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 30 2010, 12:36 AM) *
Todd here wink.gif Any Ibanez Prestige would be a good choice. I've yet to play a prestige that I didnt' like. The necks are thin and fast, the action is great, and the pickups sound good. On many cheaper Ibanez models, you pretty much need to swap the pickups out as soon as you get the guitar.

As for other options, Schecter makes some really nice guitars but they do feel different than the Ibanez models. So make sure you play whatever you are thinking about buying for at least a bit before buying. Never buy a guitar without putting your hands on it and hearing it through an amp that sounds like what you have at home.

Join Me Saturday @ GMC
Video Chat Lesson
5:00PmEst 11:00PMCEST
Todd

Hey there Todd!
Ah! great to hear biggrin.gif And what are the 'cheaper models'? is that already a model around $500? can you give me a name of a pick up?
I will tryout a schecter then!
THank your for all your great advice smile.gif really gets me confident when buying a gutiar.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 30 2010, 02:48 AM) *
You won't make a mistake with that guitar, but as Todd said, you simply have to try it and see if it works for you. If it does, get it! smile.gif Tell us how the shopping went! smile.gif

A, well thats super to hear biggrin.gif love to have a no shock guitar once tongue.gif
I will keep you updated about the shopping biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:14 AM