> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Guitar Genius Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2013, 05:02 AM
Instructor
Hi GuitarGenius! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Jul 3 2013, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 3 2013, 04:02 AM) *
Hi GuitarGenius! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

hi, I love playing blues, country and classic rock. And my favourite musicians are Eric Clapton, BB king Albert king SRV, Robert cray, albert lee, dio,Vince gill James burton and of course Buddy Guy as a band I listen to zz top, blue Öyster cult etc. Nowadays I am taking a course about sweep picking and I want to make it better and fluent and I want to learn more about chicken picking. THx by the way ı got a problem with my recorder so ı m not able to send you any revording sorry

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by GuitarGenius: Jul 3 2013, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2013, 02:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Jul 3 2013, 08:19 AM) *
hi, I love playing blues, country and classic rock. And my favourite musicians are Eric Clapton, BB king Albert king SRV, Robert cray, albert lee, dio,Vince gill James burton and of course Buddy Guy as a band I listen to zz top, blue Öyster cult etc. Nowadays I am taking a course about sweep picking and I want to make it better and fluent and I want to learn more about chicken picking. THx by the way ı got a problem with my recorder so ı m not able to send you any revording sorry

Hi man! Thanks for your info! What GMC blues lessons level are you currently able to play? What's the problem with the recorder?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Jul 4 2013, 02:39 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 3 2013, 01:04 PM) *
Hi man! Thanks for your info! What GMC blues lessons level are you currently able to play? What's the problem with the recorder?

I am able to play between 6- 7 . Actually the problem ain't my recorder İt's programme" Sonar" but I am working on it don't worry biggrin.gif I gonna send you a recorder as soon as I fix it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Jul 4 2013, 10:39 AM) *
I am able to play between 6- 7 . Actually the problem ain't my recorder İt's programme" Sonar" but I am working on it don't worry biggrin.gif I gonna send you a recorder as soon as I fix it.

Hi mate! Maybe you want to try using Reaper... there is a free version.

http://www.reaper.fm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Jul 7 2013, 10:14 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2013, 02:15 PM) *
Hi mate! Maybe you want to try using Reaper... there is a free version.

http://www.reaper.fm/

So, can you give basic sweep picking lessons cuz, I wanna make it more fluent.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2013, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Let's start working with these two basic lessons to incorporate the motion:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nomy-picking-i/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...omy-picking-ii/

and then start learning these 2 and 3 strings shapes.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43083

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43281

Experiment with these lessons and let me know how it goes!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Jul 10 2013, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2013, 03:04 PM) *
Hi mate! Let's start working with these two basic lessons to incorporate the motion:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nomy-picking-i/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...omy-picking-ii/

and then start learning these 2 and 3 strings shapes.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43083

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43281

Experiment with these lessons and let me know how it goes!

Thx for giving these practices, actually I believe that these peaces make my influence absolutely great. Im not going to record those cuz now I'd like to improve my tapping especially the right hand while doing tapping thx.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2013, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Jul 10 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Thx for giving these practices, actually I believe that these peaces make my influence absolutely great. Im not going to record those cuz now I'd like to improve my tapping especially the right hand while doing tapping thx.

Ok man! Please keep me updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Aug 28 2013, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 11 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Ok man! Please keep me updated! wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/blues-in-session

https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/neo-sallama

https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/yngwie-malmsteen-cover

https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/lay-down-sally-cover

That s all ı got till now. In yngwie cover in a part of that song is so bad please dont bother

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2013, 11:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Aug 28 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Hi mate! It's really cool to see you working. I wonder if you practiced the Sweep Picking exercises. I checked each of the files and these are my comments about it:

Blues in session:
I like your tone and there are some nice phrases here. However I still think that you have to adjust your technique here because there are many licks with wrong or muted notes, as well as some bends that don't reach the correct pitch.

Sallama:
This one sounds very fresh for me, and reminds me a bit to Mars Volta. Is it an influence for you? Once again your tone is really cool an your playing is ok, but with some tuning issues in some notes and bends. There are some notes out scales here and there (for example starting at 2:13), you have to pay attention to the scale that you have to use there.

Yngwie Malmsteen Cover:
Is this a Malmsteen cover? or just you improvising over a Malmsteen style backing track? In this solo there are many tuning issues and I think that the reason is that you aree not sure the scale you have to use over it... am I wrong?

Lay down sally cover:
This one has issues with the scale but also with your timing. We have to work on this! The backing sounds good!

Ok mate, based on this samples, we should start some ear training as well as working on improvisation. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Aug 29 2013, 12:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 28 2013, 10:13 PM) *
Hi mate! It's really cool to see you working. I wonder if you practiced the Sweep Picking exercises. I checked each of the files and these are my comments about it:

Blues in session:
I like your tone and there are some nice phrases here. However I still think that you have to adjust your technique here because there are many licks with wrong or muted notes, as well as some bends that don't reach the correct pitch.

Sallama:
This one sounds very fresh for me, and reminds me a bit to Mars Volta. Is it an influence for you? Once again your tone is really cool an your playing is ok, but with some tuning issues in some notes and bends. There are some notes out scales here and there (for example starting at 2:13), you have to pay attention to the scale that you have to use there.

Yngwie Malmsteen Cover:
Is this a Malmsteen cover? or just you improvising over a Malmsteen style backing track? In this solo there are many tuning issues and I think that the reason is that you aree not sure the scale you have to use over it... am I wrong?

Lay down sally cover:
This one has issues with the scale but also with your timing. We have to work on this! The backing sounds good!

Ok mate, based on this samples, we should start some ear training as well as working on improvisation. What do you think?

Thanks for replying. First of all, unfortunately I know that yngwie malsteen cover isn't even close to him biggrin.gif
And I know that ı have little timing problems But I am sure that blues in sesion and sallama is good

Besides, I haven't practised sweep picking since July cuz I have been to holiday but I would be great If you could give some practises
And can you give some david gilmour exercises ı like his sound

This post has been edited by GuitarGenius: Aug 29 2013, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2013, 09:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Aug 29 2013, 08:02 AM) *
Thanks for replying. First of all, unfortunately I know that yngwie malsteen cover isn't even close to him biggrin.gif
And I know that ı have little timing problems But I am sure that blues in sesion and sallama is good

Besides, I haven't practised sweep picking since July cuz I have been to holiday but I would be great If you could give some practises
And can you give some david gilmour exercises ı like his sound

I know that this lesson is very tricky, but we could start with the slower backings to start incorporating Malmsteen style licks and Sweep Picking.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...lmsteen-lesson/

What do you think?

an regarding Gilmour style, we have some cool lessons here. What about starting with this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...r-style-lesson/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Sep 3 2013, 11:21 AM
www.soundcloud.com/bora-ner/david-gilmour-style-marooned

Man i have worked hard and made this master peace i hope you like it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2013, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Sep 3 2013, 07:21 AM) *
www.soundcloud.com/bora-ner/david-gilmour-style-marooned

Man i have worked hard and made this master peace i hope you like it

Hey mate! This sounds very beautiful!! I like the tone and fx settings, it sounds very close to Gilmour. There are some notes that sound out of scale, some bends that doesn't reach the correct pitch (starting at 2:27) and a fast licks that could sound tighter (for ex at 2:33) but with some little work this could be a real masterpiece.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Sep 4 2013, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 3 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Hey mate! This sounds very beautiful!! I like the tone and fx settings, it sounds very close to Gilmour. There are some notes that sound out of scale, some bends that doesn't reach the correct pitch (starting at 2:27) and a fast licks that could sound tighter (for ex at 2:33) but with some little work this could be a real masterpiece.

Wheter i do you are not gonna like it wil you biggrin.gif
But at some points you are right for ex. Thus is my other guitar that is vintage and its an Eko maybe you konw that trade mark old italen guitars. What im saying is my guirar is old and It's problems at B

Anyways i m gonna work hard.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
So you mean that the tuning issues are because of the guitar?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 9 2013, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 4 2013, 09:05 PM) *
So you mean that the tuning issues are because of the guitar?

Hi, I m back I had a long period of exams so It is finally finish and I m really found of practise
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/latine-choro
So I just practised latin genre what you think I should practice ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2013, 02:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarGenius @ Nov 9 2013, 06:17 PM) *
Hi, I m back I had a long period of exams so It is finally finish and I m really found of practise
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/latine-choro
So I just practised latin genre what you think I should practice ?

Hi mate! Welcome back! I'm on vacation until 12th (you acn check this thread) so I'm a bit slower but we can start building your routine for this week.

Could you please share here a list of topics that you would like to cover / improve ?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GuitarGenius
Nov 15 2013, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 11 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Hi mate! Welcome back! I'm on vacation until 12th (you acn check this thread) so I'm a bit slower but we can start building your routine for this week.

Could you please share here a list of topics that you would like to cover / improve ?

you should listen to this
https://soundcloud.com/bora-ner/a-k-bir-sanatt-r

in this track ı did sweep picking mistake can yu give me full strinfs sweep picking exercise not 2 or 3 string
thx

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:21 AM