The Nightwitch Broom Collab, Students and Instructors collaboration
Sensible Jones
Mar 2 2016, 07:54 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 2 2016, 02:43 PM) *
Well...I haven't even imagined to NOT HAVE YOU IN THE COLLAB Neil! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2016, 08:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 2 2016, 05:59 PM) *
Thanks Darius. That's what I thought.

Yeah that's a string bend slur or more likely I put pressure on my floating trem. Not intentional. I don't think I'm fretting a C# at the 14th fret. Just sloppy.

No worries wink.gif It's all about to spot some issues caused by different factors so we could tweak the takes before final mix. Tak a look at 0:48 - simialr thing happens

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2016, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Sooo. Who next to join us in the collab ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 4 2016, 10:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's what Ive been working on for it -

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2016, 02:32 AM
Count me in!! Really nice job on the track. It really sounds like a track from them. If we find a Tarja queen/diva type to do some vocals, BINGO, they may have to put it on their next album!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 5 2016, 05:13 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Always had a soft spot for Nightwish, Count me in as well! smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 4 2016, 09:54 PM) *
Here's what Ive been working on for it -

That LP cool.gif Nice take Scott

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 5 2016, 01:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 5 2016, 04:13 AM) *

Thanks Joe, I freakin love that LP smile.gif Looking forward you hearing your solo cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 5 2016, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Very nice take bleez! I really dig the idea with those nice fingerpicking runs in the verse. Also the harmony at the end boosts the tension even more. Really nice. Even though you love to stick to minor pentatonic, you have highly improved your dynamics range comparing to the very first collabs we did 2 or 3 years ago smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 5 2016, 05:13 AM) *

Well well biggrin.gif Really nice team is going to join this one smile.gif Let me say "hey Joe"! Nice to have you in the collab smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 5 2016, 02:32 AM) *
Count me in!! Really nice job on the track. It really sounds like a track from them. If we find a Tarja queen/diva type to do some vocals, BINGO, they may have to put it on their next album!

Thanx Todd! I really tried to make it sound close to Nightwish. I'm afradi I have no vocal abilities to make somthing constructive instead of jus ruining the song tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 5 2016, 07:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in..

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 5 2016, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 5 2016, 07:57 PM) *
I'm in..

Hey beat! You're another piece of the puzzle I would not imagine this collab could happen without smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 5 2016, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'd love to be in, I'm trying to come up with something but I'm behind in my schedule with Gab in my mentoring thread and also the theory workshop.

I'll try to come up with something but I think it's a little too advanced for me at this stage in my playing unsure.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 5 2016, 09:56 PM
Instructor
Nothing more wrong Phil smile.gif There is nothing advanced in this collab smile.gif Backing track is simple - 4/4 and no key chnages smile.gif Simply think of it as D-minor improvisation smile.gif Maybe you can come up with a cool melodic idea like bleez did smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 5 2016, 10:11 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 5 2016, 08:56 PM) *
Nothing more wrong Phil smile.gif There is nothing advanced in this collab smile.gif Backing track is simple - 4/4 and no key chnages smile.gif Simply think of it as D-minor improvisation smile.gif Maybe you can come up with a cool melodic idea like bleez did smile.gif

It was watching Scott moving all over the neck that made me think it was too advanced laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Procyon
Mar 5 2016, 10:14 PM
Aahh! What a great backing!! If I can manage to find some time I will be IN, too!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 6 2016, 02:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 5 2016, 10:11 PM) *
It was watching Scott moving all over the neck that made me think it was too advanced laugh.gif

well Scott is here for quite some time. He's familiar with scales generator "all positions option" ha ha ha biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 6 2016, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I often have that displaying on screen and my eyes are dashing from fretboard to screen every half second laugh.gif

I had a go but couldn't come up with much. I'll have another though and maybe listen to some nightwish for inspiration smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 6 2016, 11:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Scott uses the same path through all the minor pent box shapes ALL the time biggrin.gif
One scale to rule them all tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 6 2016, 03:46 PM
@bleez: Hey mate, as usual from you... top sound, top ideas, top solo parts! cool.gif

@Darius: Darius, for the first impression, here are my ideas for the collab. I know, the solo needs a little bit more
more more practise.... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by ChrisGLP: Mar 6 2016, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Mar 6 2016, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie
i try, but nothing really tasty come......

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/night-take-2

too much absorbed by my Opeth cover

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Mar 6 2016, 05:40 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 6 2016, 10:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Mar 6 2016, 02:46 PM) *
@bleez: Hey mate, as usual from you... top sound, top ideas, top solo parts! cool.gif

@Darius: Darius, for the first impression, here are my ideas for the collab. I know, the solo needs a little bit more
more more practise.... rolleyes.gif

Im really liking those melodic lines you have, great vibe to them and very epic sounding, nice one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:29 AM