> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

TURE
Apr 6 2016, 07:22 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

Hello, here is my first rec...I must to change a camera but...i try to play good.. i know I have a mistake ..i will better another time :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 7 2016, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Hi man, welcome to the REC Zone!

Ok, first things that will help you sound better is to work on your string bending and vibrato

Bending - Your bending technique looks good but you need to get better at hitting the correct pitch. Have a watch of my video below for some tips on how to practise it

This is also a really good lesson for bending because it focuses only on bending and nothing else:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

Vibrato - Your vibrato technique looks quite good in the way your use your wrist.. but it is a little too fast for this tempo. Try to slow it down and make it more controlled. The other thing to do is try to allow the string to come back to its original pitch in between the bending motions of vibrato. Otherwise it will sound out of key because what you're doing now is pulling the string out of pitch and then adding vibrato. So imagine vibrato is a series of string bends.... in order to make the vibrato sound in key you need to allow the string to return to its original pitch.

I hope that helps!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Apr 7 2016, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2016, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Hi friend!

This lesson is great to have it as reference to monitor your progress. Besides the great comments by Ben regarding Bending and Vibrato, I would like to add that you need to work on alternate picking, legato, tapping and sweep picking.

This can sound like a lot of stuff but with a well designed diary routine you'll be able to slowly get better on each of this elements and take your guitar playing to a new level.

Feel free to write me a personal message if you need help to elaborate the guitar plan!

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 12 2016, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Hey there! Congrats for your very first rec take!

No reason to be ashamed of any mistakes smile.gif That's what the REC is for - to show us how you're doing with your guitar, so we could help you imprpove even better and faster smile.gif

There are thing to fix for sure. Same as Ben I would focus on bending (vibrato is also a little out of pitch, but it's partially based on similar mechanics). Go through some bending lesson at GMC. Of course no one demands you to learn of of them but it's worth to at least watch some spoken videos and read comments/descriptions. There is a lot of usefull information hidden out there smile.gif

Also you tone seems to sound like without any cabinet simulation. If you prefer to record line out signal, it's worth to try to launch any kind of guitar speakers simulator, to get rid of those annoying treble frequencies, that are not supposed to be found in guitar tone smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 13 2016, 01:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 4.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:10 PM