> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Socky42
Oct 17 2016, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
PM'd you another track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 28 2016, 08:15 PM
Back working on another cover.
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/test-3/s-DOkm5

Here's the original track.

What are your thoughts on the arrangement and is there anything I should change?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2016, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is a cool idea!

I think that the idea of the arrangement is on the right track but there are some groove elements that doesn't convince me. These are some thoughts or reasons why maybe I have that feeling:

- Is tempo too fast?
- There are many drum grooves that have weird groove that doesn't flow naturally.
- As the overall thing is like "nervous", I would avoid nervous drum loops, or tempo changes.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 28 2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah I get what you mean, it sounds a little weird. I'll replace some parts with a more simple guitar riff, maybe even just normal chords.

edit:

I think I've isolated the problem areas;
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/problemareas

I've muted the parts that I'm going to focus on changing at 0:07 and 0:19. You can hear the strings in the background, do the chords/harmony fit?

Also at 0:37 onwards, does that part work? I've pretty much just copied the original but an orchestral track is a lot different to something with guitars.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Nov 29 2016, 10:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2016, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the link is not working.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 29 2016, 02:00 PM
Whoops, here you go!
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/problemareas/s-34gzo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2016, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Good. Everything sounds much better even with the parts muted! It just needs simple ideas, or maybe some silence?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 3 2016, 11:17 PM
I gave up on that track for now. I'll just keep it in the ideas folder for now. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/test-3/s-6fA3A

Same game but picking a different track. Was a lot easier arranging and recording this, trying out a new drum and bass sound too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2016, 05:42 PM
Instructor
That's a clever idea! Sometimes it's better to give some time to a song, sometimes it's not the best song to arrange. So it doesn't make sense to feel frustrated.

This one is very promising! The arranged is very natural for you. It's really powerful and catchy. I don't know if these are the final guitars but I feel that they sound too high, I would like to hear bigger guitars for this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 4 2016, 07:24 PM
Yeah I definitely need to tweak the guitar tone. My old bass sound had a lot more distorted midrange to it, might add that back in. Been monitoring my mixes a lot more on 'bad' speakers and find I'm missing overall clarity of instruments compared to pro mixes.

After long mixing sessions I find myself adding wayyy too much treble to everything haha.

Also do the cymbals sound okay? I've noticed from 1:15 to 1:25 the high end is almost a little too much. Probably gonna automate the volume on that section.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2016, 12:36 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that was my feeling, too much treble when listening this at my studio. I'm not there now so I can't re-check the cymbals but I'll do it later. By the way, it is a good idea to automate.

When mixing, it's important to give our ears some time so avoid last time adjustments and finish mixes the day after if it's possible.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 11 2016, 08:47 PM
Gonna be busy with doing papers and stuff for my final year of uni, but I think I've got my next track idea.

Doing a midi sketch of it first, then gonna mute elements, move stuff around and see how to incorporate guitars.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...DI%20Sketch.mp3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2016, 04:05 PM
Instructor
That sounds great man! This is VERY promising. I'm impressed of the choirs and violins of your track. It sounds brilliant!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 15 2016, 10:42 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/noctistest

Still a way to go, but I've got a basic arrangement. Getting a friend to do some percussive acoustic stuff from 0:24 to 0:58 and some guest solos at 1:35 to 1:55 and 1:55 to 2:19.

Figuring out what to do for the outro at 2:19 onwards. Gonna be tough but I think I can make a decent arrangement out of this. laugh.gif

I've got some MIDI rhythm guitar ideas in there, not sure if I want to replace the melody of the track with a lead guitar. Having an orchestra/metal hybrid seems better.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Dec 15 2016, 10:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2016, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, this arrangement sounds killer. You keep on making this works better and better. Your creativity and talent are infinite mate. I think that this one will be a bomb at youtube. I have nothing to add, just congrats.

The ideas for guest solos and percussive guitar will make this one even more attractive.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 18 2016, 02:33 AM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/noctistest2

Done some more sound design stuff just to fill out the sound and modernize it a bit; transition noises, bass drops, big subby drum hits etc.

Left the other one up so you can compare and see if I'm actually making it better or not haha

Kept the ending guitar pretty simple; don't want to many complicated parts going at once.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Dec 18 2016, 02:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2016, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this one keeps growing. I think that it will be a monster. Did you record every orchestral part or used any pre made midi?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 21 2016, 01:54 AM
I used someone elses basic midi and adjusted it. Definitely wanna get a midi keyboard after New Years and start doing some original orchestral stuff. Always enjoyed the production side of things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2016, 10:09 PM
Instructor
That's a great plan. I think that you have a big potential as a composer / producer, as well as a guitarist. Go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 12 2017, 09:05 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/noctisintroguitar

Started recording guitars for it - sticking to just power chords for the intro to keep it cleaner, too many moving parts already. How does the mix sound?

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:12 PM