Music Theory For Musicians And Normal People
Hexabuzz
Oct 24 2014, 03:18 AM
GMC:er
http://academic.udayton.edu/tobyrush/theorypages/index.html

These seem very well done - Maybe they can be of use to some of you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Oct 24 2014, 05:13 AM
Learning Roadie
You can never have too much theory! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2014, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Very graphic representation! Thank you for sharing these mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2014, 07:01 AM
Instructor
Very nice stuff. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 26 2014, 12:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Oct 24 2014, 05:13 AM) *
You can never have too much theory! biggrin.gif

You need as much theory as you can practically apply to your instrument. When you get to the point of needing to know more to progress your playing that's the time to delve in deeper.

I love reading some of the deep theory discussions on The Gear Page and other forums, and need to make notes and put things into a certain key to start to understand the concepts talked about, but I couldn't put them into a meaningful musical situation, so in that respect as fun and stimulating as it is, it doesn't particularly help me as a guitarist.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 27 2014, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Exactly - getting frustrated over not knowing 'enough' theory is a bad thing for your playing and mind in general smile.gif

The idea here is to make sure you know all the theory you need to know foryour particular playing stage at that moment - after you have managed to get a good hold of things at that level, see if you need more or if you should develop creatively using what you already know. The more things you have to choose from, the more difficult it will be to actually get to work biggrin.gif Tried and tested wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 AM