6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Metal Cover Collaberation
UncleSkillet
Oct 10 2008, 02:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
The guitar track needs to be moved back about 1 second or so in the time line. It is way behind the beat. What are U useing to mix the recording with Outlaw?

Just try a click and drag on the track dragging it back to your left while it is playing and then let go when it fits.

Other than that it sounds great everyone smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 10 2008, 03:02 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 10 2008, 02:54 AM) *
The guitar track needs to be moved back about 1 second or so in the time line. It is way behind the beat. What are U useing to mix the recording with Outlaw?

Just try a click and drag on the track dragging it back to your left while it is playing and then let go when it fits.

Other than that it sounds great everyone smile.gif

Im using audacity...

If i drag it back 1 second it starts before the drums do....just tried it and its still off... i just lined it up to when the first break lines up with the drum change

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 10 2008, 03:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry Outlaw

I have never done a multi-track recording useing Audacity so I can't be of much help.

However, if you send me the 2 tracks I would be happy to mix it for you real quick useing Reaper.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 10 2008, 03:12 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 10 2008, 03:08 AM) *
Sorry Outlaw

I have never done a multi-track recording useing Audacity so I can't be of much help.

However, if you send me the 2 tracks I would be happy to mix it for you real quick useing Reaper.

Ok cool....

drums are here....

http://cid-64216828d251ca14.skydrive.live....wse.aspx/Public

rhythm laid down is here...

www.jershangout.com/files/uploads/temp/jer-cotg-rhythm.wav

thanks bro....

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 10 2008, 03:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Beat you to it all most.

Your first link didn't work so I just FTP'ed to www.jershangout.com/files/uploads/temp and downloaded both of those tracks. Sound like what you want.

Is this right?

Mixing now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 10 2008, 03:21 AM
yeah.... uncleskillet to the rescue again...

next im gonna have to get some lessons on using reaper, it looks cool and i can record basic stuff, but when it comes to mixing im just more comfortable using audacity

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 10 2008, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:21 PM) *
yeah.... uncleskillet to the rescue again...

next im gonna have to get some lessons on using reaper, it looks cool and i can record basic stuff, but when it comes to mixing im just more comfortable using audacity

Here is your track Bro smile.gif

Download it in the next day or so and then I can delete it from the post so it doesn't take up my space.

I mixed it to an MP3 and good quality ( the file is almost 7mb ) so as you add other tracks the quality of your sound won't go to crap.

Cheers man and have fun with your collab wink.gif

[attachment=10507:BlackSab_Mix.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 10 2008, 03:48 AM
cool sounds good... thanks

where did you learn how to use reaper?

Ive done that recording with reaper thing on here and i can record basic stuff, but i want to learn how to edit and stuff on there

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 10 2008, 03:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just downloaded it and played with it

It's pretty easy to use. I love it for the price wink.gif

I would be willing to answer your questions at some point. I am no pro at this and there is some good info in the Recording section on Reaper that you may want to check out.

Glad you like the track man! smile.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 10 2008, 03:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Oct 10 2008, 10:16 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 9 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Here is your track Bro smile.gif

Download it in the next day or so and then I can delete it from the post so it doesn't take up my space.

I mixed it to an MP3 and good quality ( the file is almost 7mb ) so as you add other tracks the quality of your sound won't go to crap.

Cheers man and have fun with your collab wink.gif

[attachment=10507:BlackSab_Mix.mp3]

Hey thanks a load Skillet! cool.gif They didn't quite line for me either and I wasn't sure how they were intended to mate up.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 10 2008, 01:19 PM
Whomever mixes the final will need to start from scratch though.

Unless the fade in on the guitar is to be done with the hi hat in there too.

And after adding the bass track, the guitar may need to be adjusted. This cant be done if the drums and guitar are one track.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 12 2008, 03:12 AM
I started working on the solo some today, just waiting for the bass to get added in and vocals
I improved over part of the song and kept some of it...
I usually just play and let my fingers do what they want then go back and see what i got... I kept part of it and will add to it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Oct 12 2008, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Oct 11 2008, 10:12 PM) *
I started working on the solo some today, just waiting for the bass to get added in and vocals
I improved over part of the song and kept some of it...
I usually just play and let my fingers do what they want then go back and see what i got... I kept part of it and will add to it

Guys, just bear with me on the bass. I'm having to develop some nu skillz. rolleyes.gif

Found a different bass tab this morning that seems a little more accurate. Hope to start recording in a day or two.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 15 2008, 07:50 PM
How are we doing here?

Is there going to be a second rhythm guitar? It'll sound HUGE if someone doubles what I did.

How are the leads coming?

Bass?

Antipolitick, your uncle gonna sing it for us still? You still gonna mix?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Oct 15 2008, 08:06 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
If antipolitik does'nt wanna sing i can give it a bash mate sounds great so far!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 16 2008, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Oct 15 2008, 07:50 PM) *
How are we doing here?

Is there going to be a second rhythm guitar? It'll sound HUGE if someone doubles what I did.

Bass?

I can double your rhythm if you wanna see what it will sound like...

I have been messing with the leads some, but i wanted to wait on the bass to be added in before adding leads...

Who wants to work on some leads with me?

I think it would sound better to have a couple of people improvising leads in here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Oct 16 2008, 01:07 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Oct 15 2008, 02:50 PM) *
How are we doing here?

Bass?

Bass is not going well. I'm having a problem playing that main riff up to speed. Everything I have done sounds like poo. huh.gif On top of that, I'm unexpectedly travelling with work this week. Anyone else want to give bass a go?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 16 2008, 01:24 PM
I wouldnt mind trying a few lead spots. In the main solo section. Maybe a trade off kinda thing?

I left out that one lead riff part before the solo. Know which one I mean? That fast ascending thing.

Can you handle that?

Do you own a bass Outlaw?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 16 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Oct 16 2008, 01:24 PM) *
I wouldnt mind trying a few lead spots. In the main solo section. Maybe a trade off kinda thing?

I left out that one lead riff part before the solo. Know which one I mean? That fast ascending thing.

Can you handle that?

Do you own a bass Outlaw?

I know the part youre talking about... I can handle that part, its a little tricky, but i should be able to get it down with a little practice

I dont own a bass, and since we recorded it higher than the original we cant rip it from guitarpro....

Anyone else wanna try bass for this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Oct 17 2008, 01:41 AM
I messed with this some more tonight... i played along with your rhythm in it and i also improved a little solo and did a little rhythm improv at the end to add some solos to...

Let me know what you think?

My feelings wont get hurt if you dont like anything....

still need some bass added in and the vocals

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Oct 17 2008, 01:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:30 PM