> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Bach Prelude, Lesson By Kosei Kubota
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

Filipinho
post Jan 15 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.447

Original lesson: Bach Prelude by Kosei Kubota

(Wait... what a... ?!?)
- KIIIIIIDS!!! Come here, NOW!
Wich one of you messed with Kosei's score? All this 2 hand tap nonsense and diminished add libs?!? Was it you Pagavaldi?!? What were you thinkin' ?!? You know Kosei is not gonna like it!!
- Daddy... the Devil made me do it!! (snif-snif).
- What do you wanna do with your life, boy?!?
- I WANNA ROCK... (insert power chord here please) I WAAAANNA ROCK!!! (riff away)
(good boy... i'm so proud!)

Todd, i know you're right, i was just chillin' at the couch late in the evening (neighbours hate me), picking my brain tryin' to figure out how to play this piece with some weird tapping, 'cause i already played this once or twice, in a lovely and well behaved manner, around 25 years ago... so, no worries, your feedback is always welcome, thanks.

This post has been edited by Filipinho: Jan 16 2019, 09:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 16 2019, 08:28 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Given how nearly perfect the last REC I saw from you was I may have had really high expectations going in to this one. I noticed around 23 seconds in that one of your right hand tapping notes was not fully fretted and it sorta detracts from enjoyment of the piece as a listener. I'm sure you can fix this and your left hand is having no trouble at all. I"d say give this one another shot!

Todd
QUOTE (Filipinho @ Jan 15 2019, 06:37 PM) *
Original lesson: Bach Prelude by Kosei Kubota

(Wait... what a... ?!?)
- KIIIIIIDS!!! Come here, NOW!
Wich one of you messed with Kosei's score? All this 2 hand tap nonsense and diminished add libs?!? Was it you Pagavaldi?!? What were you thinkin' ?!? You know Kosei is not gonna like it!!
- Daddy... the Devil made me do it!! (snif-snif).
- What do you wanna do with your life, boy?!?
- I WANNA ROCK... (insert power chord here please) I WAAAANNA ROCK!!! (riff away)
(good boy... i'm so proud!)

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jan 16 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Hey again! Yes - definitely need more strength. It sounds smooth at some point but more frequency-wise than playing-wise. Some notes gets lost. It's a little like playing at the edge of note pulling out at all. Guys like Stanley Jordan or Partyzant put a lot of effort into proper hammering and pull-offs. Legato on guitar is definitely a strength-directed tefchnique. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 16 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate!

This is a nice adaptation of the piece. You still need to continue training your tapping technique in order to adjust timing and to make the tapped notes sound louder and clearer. We have a good collection of Tapping lessons and exercises here at GMC so you will find the right stuff to polish your technique.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 17 2019, 08:12 AM
Post #5

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

As usual great premises here, tone and timing is very musical.

As mentioned you need to focus on more control over the two handed tapping technique - as there are quite a bit of missed notes and uneven dynamics.

I am closing this one. Again - we need you tro replicate the instructors' playing for you to be eligible for grading.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th February 2019 - 12:54 AM