Nov 25 2009, 11:53 AM
GMC:er
Hi,
I'm really new to Midi Controllers and so here are a few Newbiequestions:

Let's assume I got the following setup:

- Behringer FCB 1010 (Midi Controller)
- Line6 Pod X3
- Digitech Whammy4

Is it possible to use the FCB 1010 to activate the Line6's Delay/Phaser/Whatever AND the Whammy's Octave Up functions simultaneously with just one button?
If so how do I connect these devices?
the FCB and the POD both have Midi-IN and Midi-OUT, but the Whammy just has Midi-IN

I don't need a complete tutorial on how to do this, just cable-management and a hint how to programm this.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Staffy
Nov 25 2009, 12:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (daimeon @ Nov 25 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Hi,
I'm really new to Midi Controllers and so here are a few Newbiequestions:

Let's assume I got the following setup:

- Behringer FCB 1010 (Midi Controller)
- Line6 Pod X3
- Digitech Whammy4

Is it possible to use the FCB 1010 to activate the Line6's Delay/Phaser/Whatever AND the Whammy's Octave Up functions simultaneously with just one button?
If so how do I connect these devices?
the FCB and the POD both have Midi-IN and Midi-OUT, but the Whammy just has Midi-IN

I don't need a complete tutorial on how to do this, just cable-management and a hint how to programm this.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

To make this work, You must be able to map the program change numbers on both the Line6 AND the whammy (or at least at one of them), if You send pr.change nr. 24 from the controller for instance - the device must map this to the actual preset/sound You like to have.....

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 25 2009, 06:19 PM
Instructor
I've only used MIDI on the POD to store some presets on the PC, not sure if you can do that with a controller,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:49 AM