To Effects Loop Or Not
iamblackmo
Feb 20 2010, 11:16 PM
GMC:er
Here is my gear: MXR Carbon Copy, Bossy Overdrive, Dimebag Wah, Digitech Wammy.

I have been running them straight into the amp but what about the effects loops?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 20 2010, 11:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Why? These pedals is really one's that is supposed to go before the pre-amp. I wouldn't have any distorsion, wah-wah and that type of effects in a loop. Effects loops is more for delay/reverb kind of effects imo.

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 20 2010, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
The Carbon Copy is a Delay Staffy!

Put the pedals in this order: guitar-wah-whammy-overdrive-amp and the Delay goes in the effects loop as you don't want to get the delay distorted!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 21 2010, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 20 2010, 11:32 PM) *
The Carbon Copy is a Delay Staffy!

Put the pedals in this order: guitar-wah-whammy-overdrive-amp and the Delay goes in the effects loop as you don't want to get the delay distorted!

+1 Zakk, You're (as always... biggrin.gif )

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 21 2010, 12:38 AM
Instructor
thats the exact same order you have to follow my friend smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 21 2010, 11:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
Do whatever sounds best to your ears mate!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 21 2010, 05:13 PM
Instructor
that's true!, but sometimes for example for the delay, it's always a good idea to place it on the loop biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 26 2010, 01:32 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You could try putting the delay pedal in the effects loop and see how it sounds to you that way... Other pedals you have are supposed to go in front of the amp.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2010, 12:37 PM
Instructor
If you are using only clean sound on your amp, you can put everything straight into input, if you use overdrive from the amp, put delay in FX Loop.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 26 2010, 01:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 26 2010, 06:37 AM) *
If you are using only clean sound on your amp, you can put everything straight into input, if you use overdrive from the amp, put delay in FX Loop.

Yes, this is all I did. Move my ana. delay to my effects loop and now I hear why this is a good idea!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 PM