2 Pages V   1 2 >  
We're In Trouble, According to this
Daniel Realpe
Jan 7 2010, 04:23 PM
Instructor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2010, 05:01 PM
GMC:er
His book 'Crossing the Rubicon' is an amazing read!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 7 2010, 05:05 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks for sharing smile.gif
That's a movie I'd be interrested in!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2010, 11:53 PM
Instructor
It's a paranoia movie IMO. There is plenty of oil available, after Iraq, they will transfer to Iran, after that, they will melt the Arctic on purpose to pump oil out, they are already fighting about the teritory, ever since the Russia pocked the flag on the sea bed. We're safe at least 70-80 more years, the price boosts will happen again tho, they have to earn money somehow.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 8 2010, 12:21 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 7 2010, 12:01 PM) *
His book 'Crossing the Rubicon' is an amazing read!
biggrin.gif

I'm reading it now. For better or worse it really makes you think.

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 8 2010, 02:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 7 2010, 04:53 PM) *
It's a paranoia movie IMO. There is plenty of oil available, after Iraq, they will transfer to Iran, after that, they will melt the Arctic on purpose to pump oil out, they are already fighting about the teritory, ever since the Russia pocked the flag on the sea bed. We're safe at least 70-80 more years, the price boosts will happen again tho, they have to earn money somehow.

Who is they?

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 8 2010, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Jan 7 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Who is they?

You know... them. wink.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 8 2010, 03:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 7 2010, 11:53 PM) *

well, according to this guy, it's not really easy to pump oil out of the arctic and besides that the US is putting all their trust and faith on this "difficult" oil.
The point is, it's about time to stop consuming every single well of resources we found without thinking on future generations. It actually shocked me, I got to say.

This post has been edited by Daniel Realpe: Jan 8 2010, 03:47 AM

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 8 2010, 05:32 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 7 2010, 08:47 PM) *
well, according to this guy, it's not really easy to pump oil out of the arctic and besides that the US is putting all their trust and faith on this "difficult" oil.
The point is, it's about time to stop consuming every single well of resources we found without thinking on future generations. It actually shocked me, I got to say.

Future generations will get the energy they need from other sources, which ones I have no idea, but someone will invent that we the need arises, which is not now because there is still plenty of oil to be had. Everyone used to use whale oil until we figured out where to get the good stuff. We have tons of oil underground here in the US in Montana and other places and it is easy to get to. We just can't drill in most of these places due to the whack jobs in the environmental movement over here who want us all to ride bikes or something. Drill Baby Drill! Yes, I love Sarah Palin.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2010, 05:42 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Might be an interesting movie, but I'll take it with a grain of salt, just like everything on the tv/news wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 8 2010, 08:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
just talked about this with an owner of a capital company who talks to loads of people in the business. It seems it is a generally shared vision that the rate of demand is rising much more than the rate of supply, which will throw us back (at least somewhat) economical wise (percentage income spent on energy will rise from say 5% to 20-25%). Which is kind of funny, given that economy growth causes the demand to rise... Also, oil prizes have never been this high (relatively) during a crisis.

Anyway, we better find alternative energy really fast. However, knowledge on for instance nuclear energy is limited, i.e. resource wise. But nuclear fusion seems the only viable alternative.

Just thought I'd share his words here... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mr T
Jan 8 2010, 09:32 AM
It will never come as far as this man predicts, where all factories, cars and law enforcement stops. I think we can be certain that we'll have an alternative when the time comes. Right now no one really feels the heat of the problem, because it's still too far off in the future. At some point we will feel the heat and I can hardly imagine we will just wait till we are out of oil.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 8 2010, 10:14 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
As the Danes proved it is possible to convert a small town from one using old energy sources, to "new" energy sources. The village is called Samso if someone want to read about it.

Besides don't be so naive and think that the technologies aren't already here, it is just that the same companies that rises the prices of energy haven't bought the right/patents/whatever to those technologies, and that way ensures that their business is safe both from other energy sources competition and in historical view, from having major problems when oil/gas thing will end.

For example even in Poland someone discovered a very environmental friendly and effective way of using coal for gaining energy, but the rights were soon bought off, and "nobody wants to" invest in those technologies nowadays.

There are two real problems that arise for "western civilizations" and those are the "Muslim" thread that is a problem because of the small birth margin of "westerners" more than by anything else, and another problem connected with the small birth margin, which is the thread of social/economical downfall as people just don't understand that they get more than they can, and don't want to give out any of the social rights they already posses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 8 2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kahall @ Jan 8 2010, 05:32 AM) *
Future generations will get the energy they need from other sources, which ones I have no idea, but someone will invent that we the need arises, which is not now because there is still plenty of oil to be had. Everyone used to use whale oil until we figured out where to get the good stuff. We have tons of oil underground here in the US in Montana and other places and it is easy to get to. We just can't drill in most of these places due to the whack jobs in the environmental movement over here who want us all to ride bikes or something. Drill Baby Drill! Yes, I love Sarah Palin.

is there oil really under Montana?

I wonder why the US is building 7 military bases in Colombia! independent news

And also their embassy in Iraq is bigger than the Vatican. That can't be a temporary job.

This post has been edited by Daniel Realpe: Jan 8 2010, 04:19 PM

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 8 2010, 06:22 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 8 2010, 04:19 PM) *
And also their embassy in Iraq is bigger than the Vatican. That can't be a temporary job.

Haha, I didn't know that..
That can't be a temporary job as you say smile.gif

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 9 2010, 02:59 AM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 8 2010, 09:19 AM) *

Yes, in the form of shale oil deposits. Very energy intensive and somewhat expensive to process out, but it can be done and many are trying to go ahead in Montana.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Gary
Jan 9 2010, 05:44 AM

Yes.. phenominal amounts.. in the form of shale oil deposits as was already mentioned. Quanity exceeds that of many middle eastern nations combined. Advancements in techologies are making it more viable to go after this oil.

I wonder why the US is building 7 military bases in Colombia!

Hmmmm... I wonder if it could have anything to do with the whack job that is running Venezuela..Chavez? At some point someone is going to have to whip this dudes arse. It will either come from within as citizens of Venezuela tire of his nationalization projects and take a run at a revolt, or the beating will come from the outside (U.S). It is not uncommon for countries to invite the US in when they start getting nervous about their neighbors.

Gary

QUOTE (kahall @ Jan 8 2010, 05:32 AM) *

+1

Gary

This post has been edited by Gary: Jan 9 2010, 05:42 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 9 2010, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gary @ Jan 9 2010, 05:44 AM) *
I wonder why the US is building 7 military bases in Colombia!

Hmmmm... I wonder if it could have anything to do with the whack job that is running Venezuela..Chavez? At some point someone is going to have to whip this dudes arse. It will either come from within as citizens of Venezuela tire of his nationalization projects and take a run at a revolt, or the beating will come from the outside (U.S). It is not uncommon for countries to invite the US in when they start getting nervous about their neighbors.

Gary

Why would the US get involved Militarily with one of the biggest oil reservations on the earth? Venezuela,

for democracy? to help Venezuelan people?

I'd go for oil, but that's only my opinion,

QUOTE (jdriver @ Jan 9 2010, 02:59 AM) *
Yes, in the form of shale oil deposits. Very energy intensive and somewhat expensive to process out, but it can be done and many are trying to go ahead in Montana.

That would really solve things in that matter. Let's hope they find it so it's ok until they find or decide change to a better, cleaner, renuevable form of energy.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 9 2010, 11:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
why do people always look at people that need to make a profit as evil - profit is neccesary - oil companies make 8 percent profit ,any other bussiness that made that little percentage would soon be in bankrupcy
go ahead ask kris if he has a higher yeild from GMC?
is he wrong for trying to make a living?
remember both sides have their own retereck and propoganda to make you think their way
thats why it is important not to believe anybody - not even someone you think you can trust- but do your own research and make up your own mind

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 10 2010, 02:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 9 2010, 11:39 PM) *
why do people always look at people that need to make a profit as evil - profit is neccesary - oil companies make 8 percent profit ,any other bussiness that made that little percentage would soon be in bankrupcy
go ahead ask kris if he has a higher yeild from GMC?
is he wrong for trying to make a living?
remember both sides have their own retereck and propoganda to make you think their way
thats why it is important not to believe anybody - not even someone you think you can trust- but do your own research and make up your own mind

I agree with some of what you are saying...as my friend said yesterday, money is a necessary inconvenience

But I also have to say that you have to choose what to believe in. We all believe in something, even unbelievers have the belief of not believeing.

I don't it's good to be paranoid with this type of stuff because you can't get anything out of that, but it's good to be conscious.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:27 PM