Fav Guitar Shop?
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2012, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
We have a chain of shops here in the states called GUITAR CENTER and they are a great place to go to try out gear. Here are a couple of pics from a recent visit. The "Wall of Guitars" is always fun.

Do you have a fav music store?

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 18 2012, 01:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2012, 12:12 AM) *
We have a chain of shops here in the states called GUITAR CENTER and they are a great place to go to try out gear. Here are a couple of pics from a recent visit. The "Wall of Guitars" is always fun.

Do you have a fav music store?

Attached Image
Attached Image

I love guitar center!!! i am on artist relations with them so I am getting %20 off no mater what! So I always shop there! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gary
Jan 18 2012, 04:41 AM
I live just two minutes from thier corporate office. I have a great job in engineering but often think about applying for a job with them. The whole story about how they started and grew into the worlds largest music retail chain is an interesting read. It was purchased by one of thier salesman, Ray Scherr in the 70's and he took in national. It is now owned by Bain Capital, whose founding member is Mitt Romney.

Cheers!
Gary

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 18 2012, 07:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
In the area I live, Sam Ash has a bigger store plus a better selection of Fenders, so thats where I prefer to go to. The problem with these big box guitar stores is parents leave their kids there for the day, so many times the place is taken over by a mob of little turds mad.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 18 2012, 07:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Ireland doesn't have good music shops at all. We have to get stuff from the UK, US or Thomann in Germany. It's very sad.

GuitarGuitar in the UK were the dealers I ordered my Tyler through and were good to me.

I'd love to go to Wildwood guitar shop and Tone Merchants in the US

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 18 2012, 10:16 AM
Instructor
More gear in one shop - it's better to go there ofc biggrin.gif I will need to move to better country biggrin.gif From music shops I like, Guitar Center and Sweetwater are great. Sweetwater is an online shop, with great technical support.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2012, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 17 2012, 07:15 PM) *
I love guitar center!!! i am on artist relations with them so I am getting %20 off no mater what! So I always shop there! smile.gif

Congrats on that! Sounds like a killer deal. They are just awesome smile.gif

QUOTE (Gary @ Jan 17 2012, 10:41 PM) *
I live just two minutes from thier corporate office. I have a great job in engineering but often think about applying for a job with them. The whole story about how they started and grew into the worlds largest music retail chain is an interesting read. It was purchased by one of thier salesman, Ray Scherr in the 70's and he took in national. It is now owned by Bain Capital, whose founding member is Mitt Romney.
Cheers!
Gary

Small world eh? Not that many people seem to know about the Bain Capital background on Romney so well done there smile.gif That's been a bit of a suprise for me. I mention Bain Capital and I get "wha?"

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jan 18 2012, 01:13 AM) *
In the area I live, Sam Ash has a bigger store plus a better selection of Fenders, so thats where I prefer to go to. The problem with these big box guitar stores is parents leave their kids there for the day, so many times the place is taken over by a mob of little turds mad.gif

Egad! I've never seen kids that young in the guitar center pictured. I thought they were banned or something?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 18 2012, 01:13 AM) *
Ireland doesn't have good music shops at all. We have to get stuff from the UK, US or Thomann in Germany. It's very sad.
GuitarGuitar in the UK were the dealers I ordered my Tyler through and were good to me.
I'd love to go to Wildwood guitar shop and Tone Merchants in the US

I'd say make a vacation out of it! The "Guitar Shop" Tour!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 18 2012, 04:16 AM) *
More gear in one shop - it's better to go there ofc biggrin.gif I will need to move to better country biggrin.gif From music shops I like, Guitar Center and Sweetwater are great. Sweetwater is an online shop, with great technical support.

Sweetwater.com is killer and the guys that work there are generally musicians which helps smile.gif Also, musiciansfriend.com has some great deals, but I have yet to talk to an actual musician from there.

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 18 2012, 06:38 PM
the thomann store is my fav. in Germany (btw one of the best webstores in Europe)

THomann

nicest store I ever shopped at was this :

Mr music

in Allston, MA

I literally lived next door for some years (made me a very regular costumer smile.gif )

Much better than guitar center on Boylston because the staff is just awsome

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:09 AM