Really Excited To Join Gmc :)
sidthekid
Jul 25 2016, 07:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey everybody, I'm Sid. I've been lurking this site for the past 3 months, just looking at the lessons and guides. I recently graduated and got a job. I started playing several years ago, but have had long gaps, so I'm not really sure what level I'm at. Mostly, the internet and Guitar Pro have been my teachers, and while they've given me alot of cheap thrills, they've left me with many bad habits, poor ear training, sloppy leads and sucky improvisation.
I'm determined to put in the hours, progress as fast as possible and not have any barriers in my playing. I'm happy I decided to join this forum, I'm growing my hair long and have plans to rock harder than I've done before! \m/ And finally I hope that even if I don't achieve my personal goals, I have the best time getting to know and learn with other members and instructors on this forum smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roadside
Jul 25 2016, 09:23 PM
GMC:er
Welcome Sid! Just came back from longer abscence period as well and let me tell you - this is the place you have been looking for.

Good luck reaching your goals! See you around!

Tim

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 25 2016, 09:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome aboard, mate!

If you need help getting a routine together - Gabriel Leopardi and Todd Simpson (both instructors) can become your mentor smile.gif

I have learned more from them in a year than I have my entire time trying to do it on my own.

Keep on rockin'

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2016, 10:00 PM
Instructor
Hey Sid! That sounds great! We've just started working at my mentoring program so I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to GMC!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 25 2016, 10:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the family Sid, enjoy the journey, try easy, you will improve. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2016, 10:52 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome Sid! biggrin.gif

Now that you mentioned it, I should probably let me hair grow long again. It's a pity I don't have that much left though ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2016, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC smile.gif This is an amazing place for Musicians. Jump in to the forums, lessons, Kris's Sunday Live sessions, etc. Make good use of all that GMC has to offer smile.gif

If you would like to be mentored by one of the instructors, including me, just send them a personal message here on GMC.

Todd

QUOTE (sidthekid @ Jul 25 2016, 02:00 PM) *
Hey everybody, I'm Sid. I've been lurking this site for the past 3 months, just looking at the lessons and guides. I recently graduated and got a job. I started playing several years ago, but have had long gaps, so I'm not really sure what level I'm at. Mostly, the internet and Guitar Pro have been my teachers, and while they've given me alot of cheap thrills, they've left me with many bad habits, poor ear training, sloppy leads and sucky improvisation.
I'm determined to put in the hours, progress as fast as possible and not have any barriers in my playing. I'm happy I decided to join this forum, I'm growing my hair long and have plans to rock harder than I've done before! \m/ And finally I hope that even if I don't achieve my personal goals, I have the best time getting to know and learn with other members and instructors on this forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 26 2016, 08:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome

And I hope you realise and I'm sure you have if you've been watching any of Ben's lessons it's about arm hair, grow your arm hair!!!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 26 2016, 09:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hello and welcome Sid! Nice to have you in the family smile.gif Hope you will enjoy your GMC journey smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 26 2016, 10:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the site, Sid smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 26 2016, 01:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jul 25 2016, 04:59 PM) *
Welcome aboard, mate!

If you need help getting a routine together - Gabriel Leopardi and Todd Simpson (both instructors) can become your mentor smile.gif

I have learned more from them in a year than I have my entire time trying to do it on my own.

Keep on rockin'

Welcome Sid, definitely get a mentor, those guys are great! For me the video lessons are just a bonus, the mentoring programs are the best value GMC has.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sidthekid
Jul 26 2016, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks everyone who replied! Roadside, Chris, Phil66, Posterboy, Monica, yoncopin - thanks for the encouragement, it really means alot to me.
Caelumamittendum - I followed your thread, you are an awesome player! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kristofer, Todd, Gabriel, I will definitely start working with a mentor soon.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 26 2016, 03:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome onboard sidthekid !!!!

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2016, 08:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
welcome duder smile.gif look forward to seeing you around GMC.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 29 2016, 07:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome at GMC mate !

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 02:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sidthekid @ Jul 26 2016, 04:25 PM) *
Thanks everyone who replied! Roadside, Chris, Phil66, Posterboy, Monica, yoncopin - thanks for the encouragement, it really means alot to me.
Caelumamittendum - I followed your thread, you are an awesome player! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kristofer, Todd, Gabriel, I will definitely start working with a mentor soon.

Aaaw, man, thanks so much! That means a lot to hear! I've honestly not been practicing as much as I should, but I'm really giving it a good go these days. Hopefully I can post some new stuff soon smile.gif

Once again, welcome on board smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:54 PM