How Many Lessons In A Week
Captain Insaino
Sep 7 2010, 08:41 PM
GMC:er
How many lessons do you guys thing a person should tackle in a week. I was thinking about doing (1) Technical (skill) lesson, (2) Theory lesson, (3) learn a new song. Some of these lessons have many smaller parts. Should I pick one lesson, practice one part a day, then when the parts run out, start a new lesson.

I would like to make some good progress, and made up my mind, Im going to put in the time to practice once a day, It may only be for 30 min to 60 min at a time because of the crazy life, but at least its something.

Thanks for your advice

Captain

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Sep 7 2010, 08:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I wouldn't choose a technique lesson that I could tackle without some serious practicing - there is no point in it. Practicing technique is about pushing the border, so the more "pushing" the better the lesson:)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 7 2010, 09:02 PM
I would suggest practicing a lot of lesson, maybe slightly similar to each other.

Break a lesson down into a collection of small exercises which can be looped and practiced.
You don't want to spend too long on one exercise, your'll get bored quick and make not much progress.
Mix it all a bit, warm up on something easy and then keep coming back to the exercise/lesson which are hard for you.

Your'll find practicing something else and coming back helps a lot and it seems slightly easier the next time around each time.
Find those issues holding you back for those small parts and find out why / what your doing wrong / is there another exercise or could you make up something which would help tackle it! Then you make strong progress smile.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Fusar
Sep 7 2010, 10:22 PM
I think concentrating on three lessons is the maximum at the same time. As Marek said, technicalwise you should concentrate on something that you haven't mastered yet. You could start from a lesson and then search/build up similar exercises.
As a second lesson, a song or a genre-teaching lesson seems good, is always good fun smile.gif and theory is important too!

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 8 2010, 05:25 AM
Instructor
I would say that's up to you and up to the level of the lesson,

some are really hard to master, (I'm doing a hybrid picking one) but others you can just do several a day,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 8 2010, 08:20 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
That depends on you.. I cannot master a lesson even after 2 months of it nothing else.. But that is because I choose really hard ones.. biggrin.gif But even then I think a simpler lesson will take me 2 weeks to master. I wish I can do it in days or so many in 1 day as Daniel says.. wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 8 2010, 11:50 AM
Jazz Instructor
One difficult lesson per week is ok. It's better to take one, and to do it perfect, then to take 2-3 and do them averagely...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2010, 08:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Depends a lot on your practice plan and if you are doing exercise lessons or learning solos/rhythms etc.

Generally I would recommend several exercise lessons + one song like lesson that utilizes those techniques covered in exercise lessons.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:45 PM