> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jazzy Blues, Lesson By Jonathan Burgos
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Manu RASSE
Nov 17 2019, 05:21 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Jazzy Blues by Jonathan Burgos

Hi Gmc

Here my take
For this one I used for the first time my DVMARK MULTIAMP
No Cab : I used nadir (orange simulation cab)
Thank you "farine54" for advices

I gave the best of my self

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 17 2019, 05:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 18 2019, 10:03 AM
GMC Founder
Killer vibrato here mate!

Generally this is very very good.

The lesson features some very interesting, accented "bouncy" kind of picking. Yours could be a tad tighter - ie around 00:29. I would advise you try to relax your right hand a little more. Speaking of which, your right hand work is getting better with every REC take!

You have got a nice tone going there - if you want to get even closer to Jonathan's I would say try to get some more warmth - more specifically low midrange punch.

Well done you get a 9 from me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2019, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
Wow!!!!! This is very impressive. You deliver a very precise performance and you keep it fun. It's a very easy listen and all the pieces are there. This has all of your ability on display. Your muting is solid and your picking is precise. Nothing is out of place. Beyond technique I can you are "feeling" the piece. You have locked in to the groove and that's sometimes the hardest thing.

Very solid tone as well. Not to much gain, not to little. Just right. You have developed an ear for tone and for the subtle parts of vibarato. super Contrats Solid 9 from me!!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2019, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Hi MisterM!

As I've said at the mentoring program, your work on this lesson is impressive. I've been following your progress at the thread and every element is a lot better now. I can hear improvements regarding tone, timing, feeling, and groove, which are things that you had to work hard to polish.

It's great to see that both Kris and Todd added some valuable feedback here with details to make everything even better.

I'll give you another 9! Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 19 2019, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

AS for the first impression I noticed the tone difference before reading that you actualyl did change anything smile.gif I was wondering if it's only that guitar that makes so much difference smile.gif Anyway...the tone i great

Besides some little imperfections that you surely are concoius of, I notice the difference in dynamics range between you and original take. I think your strong accents aren't strong enough - they do not give that bite effect that clearly stands out from the mix. There is also a problem with smoothnes of your bery light pick slanting. What Jonathan does is almost legato-like sound of his alternate runs while he picks very gently. In your takes same parts sound still too harsh and not glued well enough. I supposed it is partially a random palm muting that happens while it shouldn't.

I wonder if you could get slightly confused by the little compression that add's this palm-muting-feeling on slow videos.

I general I think you tend to rush with the timing in this one.

Now even if there are some things pointed out, it still needs to be written how huge is your progress on that field

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 26 2019, 10:48 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:29 PM