Recording My Comp, In a studio
Renan
Feb 19 2014, 04:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey everyone !
A few weeks ago , I posted some of my ideas ( some blues slide stuff) , and with my school , we were doing a project (a cd) where whe recorded some original songs and covers. I sent this track to the teacher :
https://soundcloud.com/rteuman-1/composition

He said that I can imporove this thing and we were gonna record it , so I changed it a bit and today we made a demo for the guitar parts with a loop . And we'll record drums and bass also next week .

Here's the guitar demo :
https://soundcloud.com/rteuman-1/composition-demo-guitar-track

What do you think ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Renan: Feb 19 2014, 04:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
klasaine
Feb 19 2014, 06:08 PM
GMC:er
Tone and groove are pretty good. Also your intonation with the slide is excellent.

I'd personally like to hear at least one real chord change that last for at least two bars. Similar to what you do at 3:06 but earlier in the tune.
Is there a melody (vox or inst) that goes over all that?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 19 2014, 06:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 19 2014, 05:08 PM) *
Tone and groove are pretty good. Also your intonation with the slide is excellent.

I'd personally like to hear at least one real chord change that last for at least two bars. Similar to what you do at 3:06 but earlier in the tune.
Is there a melody (vox or inst) that goes over all that?

Thank you !
No , I'm plannig to make a little solo but theere isn't a melody yet.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 09:03 AM
Instructor
As Ken stated - you, my friend, sound VERY authentic smile.gif What I'd do smile.gif I'd shrink the structure a bit so that it will be more to the essence somehow - at this point it's very cool, but it doesn't tell the story YET, to me at least smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Renan, nice composition! I already discovered your great composing abilities in our creativity workout but here I can see that you are also very versatile. It's interesting to see how this one is evolving. Keep on sharing the process if it's possible! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 20 2014, 02:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2014, 08:03 AM) *
As Ken stated - you, my friend, sound VERY authentic smile.gif What I'd do smile.gif I'd shrink the structure a bit so that it will be more to the essence somehow - at this point it's very cool, but it doesn't tell the story YET, to me at least smile.gif

Thanks ! Maybe I should add some melody

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 20 2014, 01:30 PM) *
Thanks ! Maybe I should add some melody

Melody, yes, but the whole direction of the song is equally important smile.gif What sort of structure did you follow when writing this?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 21 2014, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Sounds completely different when You went with the electric guitar instead of acoustic. I think Ken has a good point here. We listen and we wait for something to happen. Relxing "one chord mood" is cool but it makes listener wait for a punchline. Maybe rethink if even a bass line could add lot if it changes the root note while guitar pattern stays the same

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 21 2014, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you all for your nice comments and suggestions. We'll work on the bass lines and for the drums also , everything will be recorded in the studio. I'll keep sharing the progress

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 08:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 21 2014, 08:48 PM) *
Thank you all for your nice comments and suggestions. We'll work on the bass lines and for the drums also , everything will be recorded in the studio. I'll keep sharing the progress

Always happy to help mate smile.gif Any plans in respect to releasing the track? Or it's just for exercising?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
I liked the relaxing atmosphere when I listened to it, as I was in the mood for something which had less happening and a more chilled out atmosphere, but I agree that it could need some direction and a feeling of going somewhere.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 26 2014, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
We finished the recording today , I'll soon get the track and upload it here.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2014, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 26 2014, 02:31 PM) *
We finished the recording today , I'll soon get the track and upload it here.

Great! Looking forward it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:14 PM