Chaos In Motion!
bladzerok
Oct 22 2008, 11:30 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hello every one smile.gif

recently i bought the chaos in motion DVD by Dream Theater. its great!
in the first disc, there is 3 hour of live playing (unfortunately its not a whole show, each song is filmed from a different gig)

in the second disc, there is a documentary on D-T's life on tour, at some place it gets pretty long, but all in all its a good documentary about a great band. There is also the official and in-studio video for constant motion, forsaken and Dark eternal night. there is also the video that is played on the background during a live show and a photo gallery.

anyone else bought it? if you did, would you tell me wich was your favorite song played?

(mine was panic attack,but i also loved the intro ant the wilcox shmedley medley)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Nov 8 2008, 06:08 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
any one got it? huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 8 2008, 06:18 PM
GMC:er
Haven't seen this thread until now, and oh yes, Chaos In Motion is one of the best releases of the year. DT just keeps delivering their stuff for the fans and this makes me happy because I'm their huge fan too cool.gif

My personal favourite was Schmedley Wilcox, the medley presented in Vancouver, the last track on the CD. The approach resembles Instrumedly from Live At Budokan, where they blend their awesome instrumental parts of the songs into a huge, epic masterpiece. I keep listening to this track over and over again... biggrin.gif

And they're gonna release their new album mid 2009!!! Can't wait...

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 8 2008, 06:33 PM
man i loved this album, my friend bought the dvd so i watched it with him, we were at the Toronto show and wanted to see if we could see ourselves smile.gif its such a great album my favorite live was either Constant motion or In presence of enemies part 2! actually i really enjoyed the little cartoon that went along with dark eternal night as well.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 8 2008, 06:37 PM
What the deuce is Dream theater? I heard alot bout it.... could anyone send me one of their best songs?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Nov 8 2008, 06:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 8 2008, 06:37 PM) *
What the deuce is Dream theater? I heard alot bout it.... could anyone send me one of their best songs?

Pull me under, The glass prison, Another day, Erotomania, Overture 1928 just to name a few. I love DT and I really advise you to check this band mate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 8 2008, 07:18 PM
Instructor
I'm currently borrowing audiopaal double-dvd set, and i absolutely love it!
Though i have to say that some of the live-performances werent all that good, especially the vocals which sounded downright terrible at times.
But the performance of Take the Time was 100% flawless and perfectly executed.

The documentary was also quite interesting and fun and i liked the fact that we got to meet every key behind-the-scenes member of the tour.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Nov 8 2008, 07:19 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 8 2008, 07:25 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I got it smile.gif
Favourite song is Take The Time smile.gif

Edit: I used to have it, Tronds keeping it safe from dragons and monsters at the moment biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Nov 8 2008, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Nov 8 2008, 07:34 PM
Yup, it was an awesome dvd(s), Surrounded was super, except for the singing, too bad that Labrie had the surgery or whatever it was, many of the old songs sounds pretty bad at times :/

but it's still DT, 10/10 tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Tsarpf: Nov 8 2008, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Nov 9 2008, 04:17 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
i also want to add that i was a bit disapointed by the lighting of the shouw at some time mellow.gif
and smikey you are right the cartoon was pretty entertaining, althought not as dethklok laugh.gif

i also loved the part on the documentary where mike jams qith a young drummer for the make a wish foundation smile.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 9 2008, 05:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Bought it the day it came out and its just an amazing DVD all the way through. Great shows and awesome documentary.

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 12 2008, 10:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I got it asap, and must say I loved it. Usually I prefer the musicpart to be from one particular concert, but I found their mixing quite alright on CiM. My favorite songs are Lines In The Sand and Scarred, two of JP`s best solos! I was completely stunned when I saw/heard them, so perfectly executed! Wilcox Schmedly and Panic Attack (my god what an awesome riff) were also kickass!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:02 PM